1 Day Fly/Fly Cooktown Info
1 DAY FLY / FLY COOKTOWN & ABORIGINAL ROCK ART TOUR
This magical award winning Aboriginal tour with Aboriginal Elder – Wilfred (Willie) Gordon, listed as one of Australia’s Ultimate-Must-Do-Experiences.
Highlights and Inclusions:
* Return flight from Cairns to Cooktown
* Rainbow Serpent Rock Art Tour- Guurrbi Tours
* Cooktown airport transfers
* Lunch at Nature Powerhouse Museum
* Departs daily Monday - Friday
Mak your own arrangements to Cairns General Aviation Airport, Tom McDonald Drive for the 45 minute flight with Hinterland Aviation to Cooktown. Enjoy the spectacular views as you fly along the coastline between World Heritage rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
On arrival you will be met by Guurrbi Tours and driven to the outskirts of Hope Vale for the Rainbow Serpent Tour with Nugal-warra Elder, Willie Gordon. Willie, the traditional story-teller of the Nugal-warra clan, takes you to the Nugal rock art sites, set in stunning countryside high in the hills above Hope Vale.
You’ll visit six sites, including the Reconciliation Cave and an ancestral Birthing Site, where Willie shares the stories behind the art – stories which can only be told by Elders of the Nugal clan - and explains how the paintings speak of the essence of life and the lores of his people.
With his great smile and infectious laugh, Willie gives you an amazing insight into Aboriginal society and spirituality, and has you thinking about your own relationship with the land and how the lores of his people can apply to us all. The tour includes an estimated 30-minute bush walk on generally easy terrain. Water is provided, and cameras welcome.
Return to Cooktown at 1.15pm, enjoy lunch overlooking the Endeavour River at Cook’s Landing Café. Enjoy the remainder of the afternoon to explore Cooktown.
Activities in Cooktown
* Visit the World Class James Cook Museum (closes at 4.00pm)
* Stroll along the shores of the Endeavour River where Captain Cook and his crew stayed for 47 days. Cooktown claims the distinction of having the first settlement in Australia.
* Take one of the walking trails surrounding Cooktown's Heritage and scenic rim with most attractions within easy walking distance. The main street has a charm and historical atmosphere, which still prevails. You can experience the unspoilt beauty of the area, which remains much the same as Cook knew it in 1770.
Transfer to Cooktown airport at 4.30pm for your flight which departs Cooktown at 6.05 pm, arriving Cairns at 6.55pm.
Please note: Depart Cairns at 6.45am – General Aviation Terminal, Hangar 7, Tom McDonald Dr, check in required 45 minutes prior to departure. Airport Transfers to and from Cairns General Aviation Airport (NOT INCLUDED) clients to make their own way.
Please note no food or drink is served on the flights, early breakfast recommended
What to bring and wear: Covered (closed-in) walking shoes must be worn (Rainbow Serpent & Bloomfield Falls Tours)
hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, swimmers & towel, water bottle, Cameras are welcome on all tours.
Child policy: Child rates apply 3-11yrs
1 Day Fly/Fly Cooktown Videos (3)
1 Day Fly/Fly Cooktown Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2014|
|1 Day Fly-Fly||Adult||Child||Family|
|1 Day Fly-Fly Aboriginal Rock Art||$589||$539||n/a|
|Child = 3 -14 Years (May vary depending on company)|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|