Cooktown 4WD Adventure Info
Adventure North is locally owned and operated by people that love and appreciate this vast and beautiful area and they want to share their knowledge and experience with you. They will ensure that you will Adventure North in comfort and that you will take away with you an appreciation, love and respect for this incredible area that is Far North Queensland.
Adventure North will take you through the rugged terrain of the famous Bloomfield Track from Cape Tribulation enroute to Cooktown -one of Australia's most significant townships.
Highlights & Inclusions
- 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
- Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
- One of Australia’s most scenic coastal routes
- World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
- Cable ferry across the Daintree River
- Morning Tea
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Lunch at historical and famous 'Lions Den Pub'
- Black Mountains
- Free time in Cooktown
- Dinner at historic 'Mt Carbine Pub' (own expense)
- $20 fuel levy (except Children)
Departs: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Courtesy pick up & drop off
- Cairns 7.00am –9.30pm
- Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) 7.30am – 9.00pm
- Port Douglas 8.30am – 8.30pm
You will be collected from your accommodation by Adventure North’s air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle. Travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, crossing the mighty Daintree River by cable ferry. You will journey through this spectacular wet tropical rainforest and the oldest continuously growing rainforest in the world, renowned for its amazing diversity of plant and animal life.
Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you continue on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in the country, crossing rivers and mountain ranges. Lunch is at the famous Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs.
After lunch continue to the unique geological oddity, which is Black Mountain, surrounded in mystery and spoken of in ancient Aboriginal legend. Arriving in Cooktown you will have a 360 degree views from Grassy Hill of the Endeavour River, Coral Sea and Cooktown. Have your camera ready! Enjoy free time to explore historical Cooktown.
Activities in Cooktown
* Visit the World Class James Cook Museum (closes at 4.00pm)
* Stroll along the shores of the Endeavour River where Captain Cook and his crew stayed for 47 days. Cooktown claims the distinction of having the first settlement in Australia.
* Take one of the walking trails surrounding Cooktown's Heritage and scenic rim with most attractions within easy walking distance. The main street has a charm and historical atmosphere, which still prevails. You can experience the unspoilt beauty of the area, which remains much the same as Cook knew it in 1770.
Return journey is by the inland road, the Mulligan Highway, traveling through a diverse landscape of cattle stations, the Palmer River goldfields region which is the outback of Far North Queensland. Evening meal break (at your own expense,) at an authentic Queenslander pub in the old mining town of Mount Carbine. At the completion of your day you will be transferred to your accommodation in Port Douglas or Cairns.
- Tour subject to weather conditions along the Bloomfield Track. Alternative route will be taken.
- Minimum of 4 people to operate
- Free time in Cooktown is approximately 1 hour but subject to conditions along the track.
Cooktown 4WD Adventure Guest Reviews (3)
Monday, October 28, 2013
COOKTOWN 4WD ADVENTURE
We were picked up on time from our Port Douglas accommodation.
This was an excellent well planned day out which gave everything that was promised.
Our guide Gary was knowledgeable & interesting.
The included morning tea stop was delightful. Lunch at the Lion's Den was spot on.
I was amazed that some of our fellow travellers had room for dinner at Mt Carbine!
Cooktown is lovely, having visited the excellent museum on our last visit, we had a little wander found a shaded spot in the foreshore park and watched the antics of the local birds.
This was a long day out, but well worth the time & money.
We would not hesitate to recommend this superb tour.
Friday, August 13, 2010
This adventure was truly magnificent - next time we hope to perhaps do the adventure overnight as there is so much to see and take in. The tour guide Cath was very informative and was great. An excellent day money well spent.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Our guide, Kathy, was exceptional. She was informative, knowledgeable and her customer service far exceeded our expectations. She made the day thoroughly enjobable!
Cooktown 4WD Adventure Videos (1)
Cooktown 4WD Adventure Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2015|
|1 Day Cooktown 4WD||Adult||Child||Family|
|1 Day Cooktown 4WD Adventure||$260
|Child Age = 3-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|