Cooktown Drive-Fly Info
1 DAY COOKTOWN DRIVE - FLY ADVENTURE
Adventure North will take you on a journey through some of the most rugged terrain in the country. This journey will take you Crossing rivers infested with estuarine crocodiles, climbing mountain ranges in the 4WD, with views of the Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy a 45 minute scenic flight back to Cairns witnessing stunning views of the reef and mountain ranges.
Highlights & Inclusions
* 4WD Air-conditioned vehicle
* Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
* One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives
* World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
* Cable ferry across the Daintree River
* Morning Tea
* Courtesy pick up
* 4WD only Bloomfield Track
* Lunch at an Aussie Bush Pub
* Black Mountains
* Free time in Cooktown
* 45 minute flight from Cooktown
* Transfers to Cooktown Airport
* Optional Aboriginal Rock art Tour (additional Cost)
* $20 Fuel Levy p/p except Children
* Levy does not apply to Fly / Drive inc Rock Art
* Departs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
* Cairns 7:00am - 9:30pm
* Northern Beaches 7:30am - 9:00pm
* Port douglas 8:30am - 8:30pm
You will be collected from your accommodation in an air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle to commence your journey north along one of Australia's most scenic coastal routes towards the World Heritage Listed area - The Daintree Rainforest Cape Tribulation.
You will cross the Daintree River by Cable Ferry, then journey through this spectacular example of Mother Nature which contains the highest number of plant and animal species that are rare, or threatened by extinction. Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories, history and information as you continue on the famous 4WD Bloomfield Track.
The lunch stop is at the acclaimed Lion's Den Hotel (EST 1875) Nth Qld's oldest running Pub. This is followed by a stop at Black Mountain, a unique geological oddity is surrounded in mystery and spoken of in ancient Aboriginal legend.
Arrive in Cooktown where you will have a brief tour of the township and lookout.
Cooktown lies on the shores of the Endeavour River and is one of Australia's last frontiers. A most historically significant township claiming the distinction of having the first settlement in Australia. The main street has a charm and historical atmosphere, which still prevails. You can experience the unspoilt beauty of the area, which remains much the same as Cook knew it in 1770.
Enjoy up to 2 hours to explore historical Cooktown.
Activities in Cooktown
* Visit the World Class James Cook Museum (closes at 4.00pm)
* Stroll along the shores of the Endeavour River where Captain Cook and his crew stayed for 47 days. Cooktown claims the distinction of having the first settlement in Australia.
* Take one of the walking trails surrounding Cooktown's Heritage and scenic rim with most attractions within easy walking distance. The main street has a charm and historical atmosphere, which still prevails. You can experience the unspoilt beauty of the area, which remains much the same as Cook knew it in 1770.
At your scheduled time depart Cooktown onboard Hinterland Aviation Airlines for your 45 minute flight. Witness beautiful views of the coastline, reef and mountain ranges as you journey back to Cairns. Own transfer arrangements to your accommodation on arrival at Cairn General Aviation Airport.
Rainbow Serpent Tour with Nugal-warra Elder, Willie Gordon. Willie, the traditional story-teller of the Nugal-warra clan, takes you to the Nugal rock art sites, set in stunning countryside high in the hills above Hope Vale. You’ll visit six sites, including the Reconciliation Cave and an ancestral Birthing Site, where Willie shares the stories behind the art – stories which can only be told by Elders of the Nugal clan - and explains how the paintings speak of the essence of life and the lores of his people. With his great smile and infectious laugh, Willie gives you an amazing insight into Aboriginal society and spirituality, and has you thinking about your own relationship with the land and how the lores of his people can apply to us all. The tour includes an estimated 30-minute bush walk on generally easy terrain. Water is provided, and cameras welcome.
Flight departs Cooktown at 6.05pm -Arrive Cairns 6.55pm at General Aviation Terminal, Hangar 7, Tom McDonald Dr, Cairns
* During our winter months June – August flight departs at sunset
* Port Douglas transfer is seat in coach with Sunpalm Transport
Cooktown Drive-Fly Guest Reviews (2)
Friday, September 02, 2011
Great for a day out. Got to see Black Mountain which I wanted to do!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Well done. Enjoyed the trip.
Cooktown Drive-Fly Videos (3)
Cooktown Drive-Fly Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2014|
|1 Day Cooktown Drive/Fly||Adult||Child||Family|
|ex Cairns & Nthn Beaches||$395
|ex Port Douglas||$435
|Child Age = 4-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|