Cape Trib Day Tour - CTC
- Pristine Rainforest & Beaches
- Swim at Mossman Gorge
|Based on 69 ratings|
Cape Trib Day Tour - CTC Info
CAPE TRIB DAY TOUR - CTC
Experience the wonders of the Rainforest and where the Rainforest meets the Reef with Cape Trib Connections on this great value day tour!
What makes it great?
Experience beautiful beaches & pristine rainforest
- Swim at Mossman Gorge
- Croc Cruise & Wildlife Spotting
- Great Value for Money
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns
- Mossman Gorge
- Morning Tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided walk at Marrdja OR Jindalba Boardwalk
- Cape Trib Beach
- Daintree Ice-Cream Company (Time Permitting)
- Daintree River Crocodile/Wildlife Cruise
- Afternoon Tea
- Rex Range Lookout
- Upgrade to include a packed picnic lunch
- Departs daily from Cairns Hotels: Approx 07:00am
- Returns daily to Cairns Hotels: Approx 6:30pm - 07:00pm
What to Bring:
- Warm jumper during winter months
- Money for Ice cream
- Your tour commences with a pick up at your Cairns Hotel. Travel along stunning coastline in a comfortable air-conditioned bus to your first stop Mossman Gorge. The gorge is a magical location for a refreshing swim with time after for morning tea.
- Heading North, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and enter the ancient Rainforest of Cape Tribulation and the Daintree National Park. Stop at the Alexandra Range Lookout, and take in the views . Travel north to the Marrdja OR Jindalba Boardwalks and venture back in time. Walk through pristine rainforest that has been left untouched for millions of years.
- It is time for a picnic lunch at Cape Trib Beach day use area (weather permitting). After lunch take a walk on the stunning Cape Tribulation Beach – where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'.
- Head back towards the Daintree River via the Daintree Ice-Cream Company. (Time Permitting & eaten on the bus, at your own cost). Once you reach the Daintree River It's Croc spotting time! Your adventure takes you through the domain of the large elusive Crocodile. Lookout for Pythons, Butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise. Everyone will have afternoon tea at this time.
- On the way home via Port Douglas, stop at Rex Range lookout before arriving back in Cairns at about 6.30pm.
Want to enhance your rainforest experience? Why not combine your day with an overnight stay
Please Note Additionally:
- Tour sometimes drops off and picks up overnight tour passengers.
- Tour does pick up / drop off passengers in Port Douglas & Northern Beaches
- Itinerary can occasionally change depending on weather conditions
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Cape Trib Day Tour - CTC Gallery
Cape Trib Day Tour - CTC Packages
2 Day Package - Option 1
SNORKEL THE REEF
LUNCHES INCLUDED BOTH DAYS
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
3 Day Package - Option 6
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
WORLD HERITAGE LISTED RAINFOREST
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
Cape Trib Day Tour - CTC Guest Reviews (21)
Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Our tour guide George was excellent full of knowledge and made our trip very interesting and a fun day
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Great driver / guide in George who was very knowledgeable. My only critism is that the tour bus is getting a bit tired for use on a 12 hour trip.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Great day trip. Very pretty drive up to Cape Trib, with some nice stop offs along the way. Only negative - a lot of driving
Sunday, November 06, 2011
On behalf of myself and my three travelling companions I would most sincerely like to congratulate and show our appreciation to George our guide and driver on Saturday October 29, 2011 for our amazing trip to Cape Tribulation - it was so informative and he is such a wonderfully genuine person.
Monday, May 23, 2011
The whole day was very interesting, informative, relaxing and exciting. We packed a lot into one day, the driver/guide was entertaining, helpful and informative. The walks at Mossman Gorge and the rainforest and mangrove track were great, the zoo gave us a chance to see wildlife close up, Cape Tribulation was a pretty and restful lunch spot, and the cruise down the Daintree River was very exciting, seeing a lot of crocodiles in the wild. The snacks and packed lunch were good. Highly recommended, and I want to see more next visit!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
George was an excellent guide/driver. With his vast knowledge of the land and of the flora and fauna, he imparted a wealth of information to the group which he complimented with his stories from the dreamtime
A great personality with a good sense of humour.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Our guide George was very informative and it was indeed a pleasure to have someone so passionate and with so much pride in what he does and where he lives .We all loved his dreamtime stories.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
The tour guide ( a yound lady from the area) made this trip extra special. It was filled with variety and exciting things to do and see. It had sense of adventure and surprise and this coupled with the exciting driving on the cliff top roads gave a greta sense of being alive. The only suggestion I would make would be to try to give a little more time at one stop for a swim and maybe shorten the time elsewhere. Though waht to leave out or cut down is the problem.
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
George the operator of the expedition has been great.Forever stays in our memory.Very energetic,helpfull,a lot of sense of humour and knowledge.Please say thank you from Jan and Margaret.We still love him.
Friday, July 31, 2009
My trip commenced at 7.30 a.m. when I was picked up at my guest house by our guide for the day, Beck. She grew up at Cape Tribulation in the middle of nowhere with no electricity and therefore knew a lot about the area. Together with a group of excited tourists we headed north along the coast to Port Douglas. Picking up some more passengers and passing Port Douglas we finally arrived at Mossman Gorge where a river cuts right through the rainforest. Most people didn't take the opportunity to swim due to the chilly water and the slippery stones.
Afterwards, we continued to the Daintree Mangroves Wildlife Sanctuary. There, we got really close to cassowaries, kangaroos, a wombat, various parrots and possums. Our brilliant timing gave us the opportunity to watch the freshwater crocodile feeding. We also enjoyed morning tea at the sanctuary.
We then crossed the Daintree River on a cable ferry and stopped at the Alexandra Range Lookout which gave us a view of the river and the surroundings.
Then, we walked along a boardwalk through the ancient Daintree Rainforest with its fascinating flora.
At about 1.30 p.m. we had lunch right next to Cape Trib beach.
A quick walk along the beach or even a short swim in the Coral Sea was followed by a stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Company. We could buy a cup of hand made, fresh local fruit ice cream or fresh mango juice which both tasted great!
After this delicious refreshment, we crossed the Daintree River on the ferry again to go on a river cruise. But before, we had some time for afternoon tea. On the boat, we rode along the river banks looking for saltwater crocodiles. In deed, we spotted a few crocodiles lying in the sun and our cruise guide got us really close to them for some good pictures. Furthermore, we saw the beautiful blue-coloured Kingfisher bird.
On our way back we stopped at a lookout just next to the coastal road where we had unfortunately just missed sunset.
Before arriving in Cairns at 7.15 p.m. we took a little detour through the small and pretty tourist town of Port Douglas.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Fantastic day, the guide Peter was a fountain of information and interesting knowledge, all the stops we did were fun and interesting, they only thing we could complain about was the packed lunch they took for us to Cape Trib, just simple sandwhiches would have been great, and we did get a little eaten alive by midgies while eating there too, but overall was a day we enjoyed immensely!
Friday, February 06, 2009
This was my favourite day! The guide for the day was fantastic. What I enjoyed most was the stops along the way (ie. wildlife reserve, Daintree ice cream), and the river safari.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The Tour guide himself was very good.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Overall it was good value for money,I think the stop at the Sanctuary could have been more informative with a guide perhaps...we covered alot in one day.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Would recommend to a friend
Friday, September 12, 2008
Weather dampened day, but driver/guide certainly made the day one to remember!!
Monday, April 28, 2008
i love this tour. time spent on the first boardwalk could have been longer though.
Monday, March 03, 2008
A full day and excellent value for money. Our tour guide was awesome! All credit to him for making it a educational and fun trip!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Our tour guide was sensational, he knew so much about his surrounds and was so informative.
Friday, January 11, 2008
I have seen more waterfalls and rivers than I have seen in my whole life. Tour guid for that day was unbelievably knowlegeable. He was remarkable. We had a great day and have seen and got to know lots and lots of things.
I want to come back again and stay for at least a month to explore as much as possible. I would love to go in to the country side.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Outstanding, will go again.