Food Trail Tours
- Unique tasting experiences
- Food & Wine with Sightseeing
|Based on 6 ratings|
Food Trail Tours Info
Food Trails Highlander Tour is a tasty sightseeing tour visiting the rich agricultural lands on the Tablelands.
Explore the Atherton Tablelands while enjoying the Food and Wine.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Pick up at approx 8:00am
- Returning between 5:15 - 5:30pm
- Return hotel transfers included
- There are 21 passenger seats on this tour. Keeping it small, means you will have a relaxed and personalised day.
THE FOOD AND WINE:
- deBrueys winery: Taste Tropical fruit wines, ports and liqueurs
- Gallo Dairyland: Special cheese making talk and tastings
- Tolga Hotel: A tropical seafood lunch (Alternatives are available)
- NQ Gold Coffee: Plantation and shed tour, with tastings, morning tea
- Wondaree Macadamias: Plantation and shed tours, plus tastings
- Lake Barrine Teahouse: Afternoon tea
- World Heritage wet tropics rainforest
- The amazingly different, dry tropical savannah
- The stunning, 550 year old, Cathedral fig tree
- Lake Barrine teahouse, overlooking the crater lake
- The towering, 1000 year old Twin Kauri Pine trees
- Atherton Tablelands - Cairns Highlands
- Small towns: Mareeba - Tolga - Atherton - Yungaburra
You will visit both the wet and dry tropics, the tablelands towns of Mareeba, Tolga and Yungaburra. Tasting excellent commercial produce, and meeting local people, are all part of this unique and personalised tour.
European cheese and chocolate makers, with a passion for fine food produce new and traditional cheeses, plus hand made chocolates. You can view the cheese factory and stroll over to the shed where the cows are being milked. Enjoy a Devonshire tea, cheese tastings and if you're lucky a bit of chocolate.
deBrueys Boutique Wines produce tropical fruit wines, ports and liqueurs. Exotic tropical fruits such as Mangos, lychees, passionfruit, jaboticaba and native fruits produce a wide selection of wines. You will be invited to sample Bob and Elaine de Brueys range and you may purchase at the cellar door. Take some back to your hotel to enjoy with cheese or have it packed and sent direct to your home.
Hear all about the macadamia industry at Wondaree Macadamia Plantation. Around Greg's farm and under the trees your informative tour explains how they grow and harvest this Australian bush nut. Tastings are provided for your enjoyment and Macadamias can be purchased direct from the farmer.
Coffee Plantation Tour and Tasting. Learn about different coffee roasts and indulge your taste buds with a cup of coffee made by Maria. Bruno and Maria Maloberti are passionate about coffee and control their coffee from tree to cup in an organic classic Italian style.
Food Trail Tours Gallery
Food Trail Tours Packages
Taste of the Tropics
LUXURY STUDIO APARTMENT
WAVEDANCER LOW ISLES REEF CRUISE
TABLELANDS GOURMET PRODUCE & SIGHTS
TROPICAL FRUIT WINERY | COFFEE PLANTATION
Cheap & Charming Package
DOUBLE ROOM WITH ENSUITE
REEF EXPERIENCE - INTRO DIVE - OUTER REEF
FOOD & WINE TOUR - MEETING LOCALS
EXOTIC FRUIT WINES
Food Trail Tours Guest Reviews (3)
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Warwick provided a very informative commentary on the trip, the places we visited were all interesting and we had a very relaxing tour of the Tablelands.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
We had a great day. Our guide was excellent. Very knowledgeable. Other couples were lovely.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
We had a lovely time in Cairns and we want to thank you for the 2 trips we booked with you. The day at Kuranda was really good but the highlight for us was the Food Trail Tour. We thoroughly enjoyed that, it was so different and well worth the money. We have already sent Warwick from that tour an email to tell him how enjoyable it was and to tell him what a great driver Andrew was and have had a reply from him already.
It was good to have the tours booked in advance and to be picked up on time etc Thank you Jo and good luck for the future we will recommend Travstar to any family or friends that may wish to visit Cairns.
Khris and Mal Hill