- 2 spectacular locations
- Children up to 16 at child rate
|Based on 96 ratings|
Osprey V Info
OSPREY V - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Osprey V offers a truly memorable reef trip to the Great Barrier Reef.
Experience two different reef destinations such as Norman, Saxon, Hastings or Michaelmas Reef. Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Coral viewing tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live onboard entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 100 Guests - no big crowds
- Fantastic value for money!!
- Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:30am departure
- Duration of trip is approx 8hrs
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 5:00pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- Fast trip to and from the reef onboard Osprey V
- 5 hours at 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Coral viewing tour
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages, cold meat selection and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Large sundeck, comfortable saloon and dining lounge
- 35m vessel taking up to 100 passengers
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.30am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, Certified OR Introductory Dive, Free time to sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel, Glass Bottom Boat Tour, 10 minute Scenic Helicopter flight
- 5.00pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Guided Dives $10 per dive
- Wetsuits for Snorkellers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Snorkel “Scooters”
Snorkel Scooters are available for hire onboard the Osprey V Reef Cruise and are designed for snorkellers looking for a new and exciting reef experience. Moving at approx. 8-10km/hr they make barely any noise and save energy levels, resulting in a safe and pleasurable time in the ocean. The hire fee for the scooter is an additional cost (1/2 day hire at 1 reef location only) which includes a slimline safety vest. This option can be pre-booked, or can be purchased on the day of travel subject to availability. Suitable for ages 14yrs and above.
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
Important Info that you need to know:
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers may be offered an alternative day for lost time/trip or alternatively a full or partial refund.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
This Osprey V day trip is also included in 3 Day Package including the Kuranda Train and Skyrail daytrip and the Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Park daytrip.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Osprey V Gallery
Osprey V Packages
2 Day Package - Option 5
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
AWARD WINNING SKYRAIL
Cairns Super Saver
GREAT BARRIER REEF DAYTRIP
FREE GUIDED SNORKEL TOUR
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
2 Day Package - Option 11
GRADE 3 & 4 RAPIDS
FULL DAY OUTER REEF ON OSPREY
2 REEF LOCATIONS
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TOUR
3 Day Package - Option 8
5 HOURS OF RAFTING GRADE 3-4 RAPIDS
50M BUNGY JUMP WITH FREE T-SHIRT
14,000FT SKYDIVE WITH 60 SEC FREEFALL
OSPREY OUTER REEF CRUISE
3 Day Package - Option 10
BARRON RAFT | GRADE 3 RAPIDS
2 HOURS OF RAFTING
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
3 Day Package - Option 1
LUNCH INCLUDED EACH DAY
5 HOURS ON THE REEF
TULLY RIVER RAFTING
Osprey V Guest Reviews (26)
Friday, June 07, 2013
Great staff, very entertaining lots of fun.
Monday, July 09, 2012
Had the most awesome time. Crew were very obliging, they made you feel very comfortable. Great bunch
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
We believe that stinger suits should be included in the pricing at this time of the year. Boat was very crowded and had trouble getting a seat to eat lunch etc. Great staff and had a fun day.
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and will recommend it to my friends.
Monday, October 10, 2011
We would thoroughly recommend this cruise especially for families as the yhave a great family rate. Staff were excellent. Dont forget your sea sickness tablets though !
Friday, May 06, 2011
We had a fantastic time on the Osprey - the crew made sure that they did everything they could to make our experience one to remember.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
really great crew,couldnt have been better.very professional and helpful. enjoyed it all very much
Monday, February 28, 2011
Really great trip, all the crew were enthusiastic and helpful. Had reservations when weather was so ordinary but the crew ensured we had a great day and reef was beautiful and onboard entertainment from \\\"Elvis\\\" on way back capped off the day. Would like to do again sometime.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Excellent value, only drawback is have previously been on other operators trip to pontoon where there is much more room to move
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
A must for all travellers,the crew where extremely helpful and make the day very enjoyable. Will return and do this again
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
A great day out, the staff very friendly and entertaining and confident.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Great crew, abundant tasty buffet. Much fun. In fact, so much so that we went out twice!!
Monday, July 19, 2010
excellent day had by us at least despite the weather
Saturday, June 26, 2010
The staffs are very friendly and helpful. A bit disappointed that the semi-submarine tour was cancelled due to the windy condition. This is a tour more suitable for young people without seasickness problems.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Great crew - all helped to make our experience very worthwhile! Big Thanks!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
The trip to the great barrier reef was fantastic. My friend and I were deeply impressed by the well-prepared food, good service and excellent crew. Thank you.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Very friendly people!
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Very fast to get your response about all my queries, if not within one hour, it would be the first email the next day (in terms of the time difference) where I booked the tour in another country. . Thanks, Emma Lodge, the friendly consultant.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Overall the trip was fantastic. The staff were entertaining and very friendly. I work for the Tourism Industry in Sydney and will definately promote Osprey back home.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Fantastic day trip to the reef. Staff on the boat were friendly, fun and approacheable. Highly reccommed the intro dive and helicopter ride. Elvis Rocks!
Monday, June 22, 2009
All good and enjoyed the day immensly. All staff on boat were helpful and friendly
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
What can I say...my trip on the Osprey v was absolutely fantastic!!!!
I cant say enough about how wonderful my first trip out to the Barrier Reef was!
Ther are so many different boats going out to the reef it is a little overwhelming, not knowing which service to pick etc.I choose the Osprey V from the tourism website as it seemed like the the best value for money and offered reasonable facilities.I could not have choosen a better boat trip!!!
The whole reason for this trip was so I could take my ill father (who was once a dive instructor) out to see the reef as he had never had the chance to dive it.
All the staff were unbelievably attentive, and fantastic at there jobs!!!
My father can no longer dive so we snorkled on a guided tour were one of the staff led us around. It was just fantastic!!! The dive spots were amazing!!!
Every need was taken care of...even lunch was awesome!!!The boat was huge and an absolute plus for me was the fact that you could sit up on top of the boat, out in the open air!Not trapped inside for 2 hours... ( I am prone to seasickness so this was great!!!)
I can not express my gratitude enough to the staff who were so wonderful and helpful with my father, helping make this trip a memorable one.
I highly reccomend this trip as a fantastic day out on the Great Barrier Reef. This trip is less expensive than some but Im sure offers a whole lot more!!!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Staff were fabulous. They made everyone feel very comfortable and even the non-swimmers were given a tour of the reef. We will definately return.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
The staff were excellent -especially as I suffered sea sickness on the way out - they were very attentive to all the passengers & really friendly & helpful.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Had great fun, young crowd of people (mostly backpackers), boat was clean and comfortable(no seasickness as we had a calm day), staff were friendly and helpful, reef was simply amazing, introductory dives were fantastic. Will do it again, and would highly recommend it. The boat is not \"flashy\" but is practical and comfortable and the trip is a great way to see the reef - good value for $.