Cairns Discovery Tours Info
Cairns Discovery Tours presents the ultimate “City Sights” tour of Cairns and its spectacular tropical environs.
Fun, Relaxing, Fascinating & Informative…the very best of Cairns!
- Daily except Sunday
- City Pickup at 12:45pm and returns 6:30pm
- Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) Pickup at 12:15pm and returns 5:45pm (additional charge)
- Approximate Times Only
- Does not operate Xmas, New Years Day and Good Friday
- Requires minimum of 4 people to operate
- Small personalised groups (21 seater air-conditioned coach)
- Accommodation pick up and return
- Explore Cairns CBD & shopping districts
- See the busy wharves, harbour and the diverse industrial areas beyond the city
- Visit St Monica’s Cathedral which has the world’s largest themed stained glass peace windows
- Professional guided walk in the Flecker Botanic Gardens - These gardens contain an amazing collection of tropical plants including exotic herbs, spices, valuable timber trees, orchids, fruits, bromeliads, giant bamboo and many other spectacular flowering plants.
- Indulge in a devonshire tea, coffee or hot chocolate and scrumptious Scones
- Take in the panoramic hillside views from the best lookouts
- Enjoy a walk at the lower section of the Barron Gorge National Park and take in the beautiful rugged mountains, ravines and tumbling waterfalls
- Visit the award-winning showroom at the Outback Opal Mine and discover how Opal Gougers work, how Opal is formed, cut and polished. View an eight minute mining documentary and enjoy an informative tour through a simulated mine.
- Stroll along the Palm Cove jetty or a stroll along the beach
The suburbs of Cairns are full of lush vegetation, including the “Central Swamps Reserves” reminders of the dense lowland jungle encountered by the early settlers and aboriginal people of the area.
Whether you are into Bird watching, Nature, Tropical Plants, History, Industry or Culture, this City Tour has the lot. For those just wanting to relax and take in our superb scenery, and have a few laughs, you will not be disappointed.
Everything about this tour experience is designed to delight discerning travellers of all ages and interests.
Your guides looks forward to meeting you and saying, Welcome Aboard!
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Cairns Discovery Tours Guest Reviews (6)
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Loved it. David is an exceptional tour guide. He is very informative and friendly. We saw a lot more than we expected. The tea and scones were a nice treat.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Andrew has amazing local knowledge,and we got to see more of Cairns than if we had gone on our own, and we met some lovely people! I thoroughly recommend this tour to all travellers!
Tuesday, October 05, 2010
An excellent tour and a great way to get an overview of Cairns. Dave is a lot of fun and very knowledgable. Dont be lured by the promise of cold drinks for afternoon tea though - it is tea and coffee only unless you pay extra.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Very interesting driver, full of information, great way get oriented to the place.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
David, our tour guide, was fantastic and very knowledgeable. He was very friendly and helpful. His inputs made the difference as the whole tour became much more exciting and truly insightful. We thoroughly enjoyed the simple yet very meaningful tour. Our special thanks to him
Friday, October 10, 2008
A worthwhile trip although we felt too much time was spent at the Botanical Gardens and would have liked more time at the Opal Mine and Royal Flying Doctors Service. The tour guide was very informative and we learnt a lot of interesting information about Cairns.
Cairns Discovery Tours Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2015|
|Cairns Discovery Tours||Adult||Child||Family|
|City Sights Tour||$75||$40||$220|
|City Sights ex Nthn Beaches hotel||$83||$48||$252|
|Child Age = 4-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|