3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib
- Excellent value for money
- Visit the best attractions
|Based on 267 ratings|
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Tours
|3 Day Package|
|FROM $382 per adult|
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Info
This 3 Day - Reef, Kuranda Train & Skyrail and Cape Trib and Daintree Rainforest Package ensures you will visit the best attractions in the region. It provides excellent value for money and is a very popular touring package option.
The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
What makes it great?
- Excellent Value for money
- Visit 2 Outer Reef locations
- Kuranda Scenic Rail & Skyrail
- 1 Hour Daintree River Crocodile Cruise
- Explore the World Heritage Rainforest
- Visit Cape Tribulation
DAY ONE:Outer Barrier Reef Cruise - Osprey V
M.V. Osprey V is a state of the art high-speed 35-metre (120ft) vessel, cruising at up to 30 knots, providing comfort and safety for a maximum of 100 passengers. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Experience two different reef destinations such as Norman, Saxon, Hastings or Michaelmas Reef. Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Transfers to the Reef Fleet Terminal are not included. Return transfers from your Cairns Accommodation or Cairns Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) Accommodation can be arranged for an additional cost. Most hotels in Cairns City are within walking distance to the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi Submersible tour $10 if prebooked or $20 on the day of travel
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Guided Dives $10 per dive (for Cert Divers)
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- 10 minute Heli flights
Important Info that you need to know:
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi Sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
DAY TWO:Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Includes return Hotel Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches. Pickups commence around 7:45am and return back to your accommodation 5pm approx.
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 7:15am - 8am approx - Hotel pick-up
- 8.45am - Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
- Free time in Kuranda
- 2.15pm - Return by Skyrail from Kuranda
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- 4pm - Transfer to hotel
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: There is plenty of free time in Kuranda for you to explore the village. The markets are open 7 days a week, giving you the chance to see the local arts and crafts and pick up a souvenir!
The attractions are many and varied including Birdworld, The Butterfly Sanctuary and the Koala Gardens. You could also enjoy a river cruise or enjoy lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants in the village (extra charges). You can pre-book and save with the Kuranda Wildlife Experience package.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops en-route to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
After arriving at Caravonica, your coach will transfer you back to your hotel.
Not Included are entrance fees into the attractions in Kuranda or lunch.
DAY THREE:Daintree & Cape Trib Safari
Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery with Adventure Company exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation where the Rainforest meets the Reef.
What makes it Great?
- Explore World Heritage Rainforest
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mossman Gorge
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise
Includes return hotel transfers
From Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7:00am returning at 6:30pm approximately
Inclusions & Highlights:
• Coastal Drive – Travel to Port Douglas on one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia. Have your camera ready for breath taking views.
• Wildlife Habitat – 1 hour to visit the award winning Rainforest Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and beautiful native animals. You have a chance to have morning tea with the birds (optional extra), hand feed a Kangaroo and see a Koala doing what they do best…..sleeping! If you visit Rainforest Habitat you will not have 1 hour free time in Port Douglas.
• Mossman Gorge - Enjoy a guided walk through this magnificent rainforest area taking in the boardwalk and waterholes.
• Alexandra Lookout – The perfect location to view where the Daintree Rainforest, Daintree River and the Coral Sea merge into one spectacular panoramic reflection. Ideal spot for those post card photo opportunities.
• Lunch Time – Only meters from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a Chef prepared lunch. Indulge in a set menu choice of local barramundi (fish), Steak and a Vegetarian option all served with a fresh garden salad & chips, daily baked bread finished off with a tropical fruit platter to share at your table. Bring your towel & swimmers for a dip in the resort pool or in the ocean (marine stingers are present during the stinger season Oct to June).
• Cape Tribulation Beach – Already there for the lunch break you now have free time for a walk along the full length of the magical Cape Tribulation Bay (takes 30min unguided) or simply kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”!
• Daintree River Wildlife Cruise – Your journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat and retrieve knowledge and tales of the area from a local naturalist guide.
• Rex Lookout – On the return trip back to Cairns, stop briefly at Rex’s Lookout. A popular spot for tourist’s to take scenic photos of the coast line and out to Green Island. It’s also a popular spot for dare devil hang gliders to enjoy the uplifting sea breeze.
- Return Transfers from your accommodation are not included on Day One of the package (Reef Cruise), but are included on Day Two and Day Three (Kuranda and Cape Trib).
- These 3 tours represent the most popular things to do in Cairns. This particular Cairns Tour Package is our most popular and is great for Backpackers and people of all ages.
- The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily (subject to availability).
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Packages
Tropical Reef & Rainforest
BREAKFAST DAILY | 5 HOURS FREE INTERNET
GREAT BARRIER REEF CRUISE - 2 OUTER REEFS
CAPE TRIBULATION - DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Guest Reviews (78)
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Both my wife & I had a fabulous time, with no dissappointments. A big thanks to Travstar for rescheduling our reef trip after I messed up our dates.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
This last day (Cape Trib) guide Sean is absolutely a star! Very friendly, funny and patient, lots of stories and jokes. I have never left any comments on any review, but because he is such a nice person, just want to express my appreciation! We enjoyed the trip a lot!
Friday, September 26, 2014
The reef was an amazing experience and the view was breath taking, Kuranda was good with lots of souvenir shops and little attractions.
Cape trip was nice and relaxing.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
I had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed every minute of it. The service was great and they catered really well to my dietary needs too.
Friday, September 12, 2014
The highlight for us out of the three day tour was the Reef trip. Outstanding crew, so organised and attentative, lots of fun.
Elvis was an added treasure!
Kuranda was nice, but abit long, but we did opt to come back early and that was not a problem.
Tour guide was awesome, real gem!
Great day even though it ws jammed pack, with good range of variety.
You have a fantastic bunch of people working for your organisation.
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
What a beautiful place to see. Friendly people. Did the London bus on our last day and the Zoo above the club. Thanks.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Elvis was gold keep it up great entertainment! Shane was an awesome guide Cheers
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
The tours covered more than our expectations and was total value for money. We didnt get bored for a moment..so I would recommend this to anybody visiting Cairns. It is especially good for the 1st time visitors as you get to see most things in limited time.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Highlight of the three days was the reef trip. Overall, the staff and bus drivers for all three activities were friendly, helpful, informative and contributed to the enjoyment of the days. I really enjoyed my holiday in Cairns and have lovely memories to reflect upon.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Great people on all three tours. Well organsised. Would do it all over again.
Monday, April 07, 2014
Very good all round package
Sunday, March 23, 2014
For everything we did and what we saw it was fantastic value for the money.
The guides were very funny and polite and gave us all the history and insight about the area. Would recommend these trips to anyone
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Have a great times in cairns for my short holiday with my girlfriend.
First day our tours we going to the reef with down under dive n cruise so exicited but a bit bumping out there because of the weather and the big wave at that time,have a great time out the reef, friendly staff n helpful.
Second day at kuranda is amazing too see the rainforest and having a longest skyrail in the world 7,5 km long. Have a great time as well out theree.
Third day we going to cape tribulation.
One things i want to mention is we have a friendly staff on the way we going to cape tribulation,very spirit and amzing tour guide i ever see, he is name is shane. He is very good, helpful and friendly.
I remember at that day our air conditioner was off suddenly and at that time he try to fixed it when we having a lunch.
And he finally made it.
Thanks for everything.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
A standout of the 3 days way the tour to Cape Tribulation. Dan was a fantastic guide, had exactly the right balance of humour and information, but was not over the top. Thank you Dan for being such a professional.
Sunday, December 29, 2013
It was a wonderful experience.
Sunday, December 29, 2013
3 days tours were great. Our tour guide to Cape Trib was friendly and very informative. Unfortunately we did not see much of the reef due to bad weather, glass bottom boat was cancelled, however still had a good time on the Osprey V. The crew were friendly and entertaining. Would love to do it again on a clear day.
Saturday, December 14, 2013
The three days were awesome. Thank you so much!
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Awesome trip overall. We loved the diving especially. I was impressed with travstar and their willingness to accommodate us when our travel plans changed. I was disappointed when they failed to notify us that our dive trip had been cancelled due to problems with the boat, but they had us immediately rebooked on another trip that morning so it worked out great. We liked the Daintree tour, but were a little disappointed at the massive amount of time spent on the bus that day. I wish we had known before- we might have swapped that tour for another one that day.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Outstanding service. The staff were all very helpful and professional. We had a great time.
Friday, September 20, 2013
The tours were good value for money. Elvis on the Down Under Dive boat to the reef was very entertaining and helpful. All the tour guides were helpful and knowledgeable
Thursday, September 19, 2013
We enjoyed all the tours. Given the short time we had at Cairns, the tour helped us in getting a good experience of all the important highlights of the place
Friday, September 13, 2013
Reef tour was excellent, great service, great people and great trip. Rainforest trips were good, a lot of opportunities for pictures, value.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Loved the three trips, great value for money to see the sights of far NQ. did them on 3 consecutive days which was no problem whatsoever
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
The services were fantastic, will contact them again when back in the future.
Friday, July 12, 2013
Great way to see the best Cairns/FNQ has to offer in a short amount of time. Would highly recommend this package.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Great value for money whilst giving a broad range of experiences during our stay at Cairns. Pick ups from and back to Motel SO easy. All staff, whether they were driving buses, hosting tours or on the phone at Travstar were friendly and helpful. I booked online and got a last minute deal but also spoke to staff on the phone who were so helpful. Efficient friendly staff, so easy to organise and very enjoyable trips.
Monday, July 08, 2013
Well organized. Very funny on the boat to the reef
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Very enjoyable trips - worth paying the $$ to get to all three; however would be better if they were not all on consecutive days.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
We had a great time on all three days, the staff were happy, courteous and always ready to answer any questions we had. I would recommend this package to anyone looking for an affordable tour combo.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Awesome tours-very friendly & accommodating guides - interesting & covered a lot of things to do & see all in 1. Loved them all!
Saturday, November 24, 2012
We enjoyed all the tours, the reef tour was fantastic, the team were very professional, the live entertainment was a bonus!
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
These three trips were excellent - providing a brilliant way of seeing the attractions around Cairns in the best possible way!
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Excellent tours!! All tour guides and bus drivers were friendly, knowledgable and approachable. Great value for money and highly recommend!! Especially loved the reef tour :-)
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Great value for money....the only negative (and it is a small one) is that both my husband and myself would have loved more time at the wildlife park. This sentiment was also echoed by a number of other travelers on the bus. However, overall the three days were brilliant and a fabulous way to see around the region. We have already been recomending this to our friends!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Would do it again in a heartbeat we would like a couple of days at Kuranda love it with the reef tour it was great
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
We found all our hosts exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. We had a perfect honeymoon. Food and service excellent. We would have no problems booking with you again on our next adventure.
Monday, March 26, 2012
This was a fantastic package. Great value for money.
Sunday, March 04, 2012
Daniel, our driver and guide was awesome! We needed more time at the wildlife park/zoo. The ride to lunch was too long for what we received, although the food was OK.
Monday, January 16, 2012
great tours ... the best being the Reef with Down Under Cruise & Dive, which was a fantastic day - special mention to Elvis who was such good fun and so entertaining. The other tours were great but long days looking at scenery. If I did these tours again I would probably do the reef tour in the middle or last as this was such a highlight. In all we had a fantastic trip - thankyou Travstar !!
Saturday, December 03, 2011
I had the best time! Very well organized and friendly staff.
Friday, December 02, 2011
Value for money and I had the time of my life !!
Friday, November 18, 2011
Totally impressed with the package tour arrangements.
All hotel pick-ups without needing to re-confirm were accurate and were according to the arranged times providing a peace of mind everyday.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
awsome package! Met great new friends. Shayne driver for cape Trib excellent had great time will recommend to friends
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Great staff go above and beyond.
Monday, January 24, 2011
We were visiting from Israel and found everything just perfect during our 3 days of tours. Before coming to Cairns we were concerned about Queensland floods. We spoke with Travstar and were assured that everything was O.K. which it was. We were picked up on time and all tours gave more than promised. All the guides were friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend your services to my friends or anyone interested in touring the Cairns Area.
Monday, January 17, 2011
These three tours were fantastic! The weather smiled on us and we were able to see as much of the reef as snorkellers as a scuba diver could. The trip up to Kuranda and back was great and we my daughter loved the shops. On the Cape Trib tour we saw very impressive rainforest, on the Daintree cruise both 1-yr old and mature crocodiles and a rare black heron, and a special highlight which we did not expect was the marvellous habitat at Pt Douglas. We had a great holiday (I also rented a car and explored the Tablelands later in the week.The 3 Millaa Millaa falls were fantastic!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Thanks for three fantastic days of fun! All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. A huge thank you to Elvis and all the amazing staff on the Reef trip - you guys are just gorgeous!!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
great! We enjoyed the tours! Our guide to Cape Tribulation was excellent!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Love this package!!! My friend and I enjoyed the trip and had a great deal of fun in Cairns especially the reef trip. Friendly crews and nice service!! Our tour guide to cape trib was excellent too~~~
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
all the staff at travstar were all so helpfull and on all our activitys were everthing we hoped for and more
Saturday, October 09, 2010
We had a fantastic time and were very impressed with the 3 Day - Reef, Kuranda & Cape Trib tour!! Staff were fantastic! Thank you for the time of our lives!!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
excellent service. worth for money
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
I booked the 3 day tour package for my son & I before we left Sydney and it was a great way to see the best of Cairns in a few days. I was very happy with the service we received each day, the transfer bus was always on time and the drivers were wonderful. They had a great knowledge of the local area which made the travelling informative and fun. I would recommend this trip to any tourist visiting Cairns with limited time.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Reef tour is the best.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
This tour was very professionally organized, but still had a very friendly local feel to it.
Saturday, February 06, 2010
This tour package met our travel needs and we would recommend your company to others visiting the Cairns area.
Friday, January 29, 2010
We had a good time.
Friday, January 01, 2010
Anyone who goes to Cairns and is considering doing any tours, this tour package is a must! It is great value for money and the tour guides are very friendly and helpful.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
worth it and well organised
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The 3 day trip was excellent value for money & the staff very friendly & helpful. I will be back next year & would be interested in any other tour options that you may have to offer.
Friday, October 02, 2009
This grouping was great to cover a diverse area in a short time. We were pleasantly tired but got to see so much. It was a great time with nice small grouping of people.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Everything went smoothly for us, well done!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Reef - Perfect Day, added bonus for us was a \\\"very reduced rate\\\" helecopter flight back to the mainland at end of day. Just perfect.
Kuranda - Great Day, cant fault it.
Cape Tribulation - Very long Day but exciting. Roller Coast ride ride (in 4 x 4 bus) was unexpected, literally kept us on the edge of our seats. Great Lunch, Very full, pleasurable day.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Very pleased with the whole package as we were limited with our time in Cairns but definitely looking to go back again. Thank you Travstar.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
All 3 trips went like clockwork & were greatly enjoyed by all members of our pary ranging in ages from 82 - 14 years. The care of the dive masters on the reef trip for the novice divers was outstanding. Well done Dive Down Under.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thank you for making our trip special.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
I found the reef experience especially nice-the boat \\\"Osprey V\\\" had the friendliest and most helpful staff. They made even the novice snorkeller have a great viewing of the reef. The entertainment on the boat on the way back to port was great (since the weather got inclement and it limited our viewing outside).
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Barrier Reef tour on Osprey V and trip to Cape Trib where fantastic. Entertainment on the Osprey rounded of a fantastic day in the perfect way. Excellent tour guide on cape trib trip, very knowledgable and should be paid a lot of money for what he does! Kuranda trip was horrible, train ride and cable car where good, but almost impossible to kill 5 hours in the glorified market that is Kuranda, ended up coming down on an earlier cable car and begging the bus driver to take us back to Cairns early.
Friday, October 31, 2008
The Cape Trib trip was very good,especially the lunch which was superb and exceeded expectations. There were only a couple of tiny alligators spotted on the cruise but thats nature I guess. I was a little disappointed with the snorkelling as although I am a strong swimmer it the first point we stopped at it was too rough to concentrate on anything but keeping above water,the second was better but not at all the sedate swim I expected. The bbq was excellent but my husband was too sick to eat it. The Kuranda trip was very nice,an enjoyable day out.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
These day trips were well organised and went off without any problems. The reef trip was a highlight and the staff were very helpful.
Monday, October 06, 2008
All the day trips were very well organised and the tour guides were very good at their job.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
My parents enjoyed every aspect of their 3 day tour and have asked me to thank all the staff for their hospitality and friendly manner and I would be more than happy to recommend to future visitors.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
3 day trip was not only enjoyable but the people we had contact with were all friendly, encouraging and humorous.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Thank you for advising me good package. It was a good choice and we appreciate your service .Daintree (Cape trib) tour was well organised. One comment to make for improvement is that the coach had a quite unpleasant smell.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I am so glad I found this trip on the internet! We feel we definitely got a good deal. Every stop was beautiful and the service was excellent!
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Reef tour great. Osprey V crew were professional. Other tours went as planned with no issues. Lunch on cape trib tour was excellent
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Stephanie who made the bookings for us was very nice and effective and when we wanted to add two certified dives on the reef tour she managed to arrange so that we got a refund instead of paying extra, quite impressive :) The reef day was the best, the Cape Trib was also great. On the Kuranda trip the train part and the skyrail part was terrific, but the stop in Kuranda was a bit too long. It would have been great if the Kuranda stop was perhaps an hour and a stop at the water ski park at the foot of the sky rail was included instead. Overall it was three great days! Moa & Molly
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Videos (4)
3 Day Reef, Kuranda,CapeTrib Rates
3 DAYS - BEST VALUE
- GREAT BARRIER REEF - KURANDA TRAIN - SKYRAIL CABLEWAY - CROC SPOTTING CRUISE - DAINTREE RAINFORESTTravel between now and 31/March/2016
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2015|
|3 Day Package||Adult||Child||Family|
|LAST MINUTE 3 Day Tour Package||$382
|3 Day Tour Package||$399
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from 01 April 2015 until 31 March 2016|
|3 Day Package||Adult||Child||Family|
|3 Day Tour Package||$418
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2015|
|2 x Cert Dives||$85|
|Northern Beaches Hotel Transfers for reef tour||$20|
|Cairns City Hotel Transfers for reef cruise||$10|
|10 Minute Heli Flight||$125|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2016|
|1x Intro or Cert Dive||$65|
|Child Age = 4-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|