Food Trail Tours Info
Food Trails Food, Wine & Rainforest Highlander Tour
Food Trail Tours provide an amazing tropical food and wine day tour to the nearby Atherton Tablelands.
Tasty Sightseeing Adventure- Food & Wine:
- Lake Barrine historic teahouse: Morning tea
- Tropical Fruit winery: Taste exotic tropical fruit wines, ports and liqueurs
- Gallo Dairyland: Learn about and taste cheese & chocolate at working dairy
- Coffee plantation: Savour the aromas and enjoy a cup of Mareebas finest.
- Seafood Lunch: Enjoy a seafood lunch (Alternatives available)
- Macadamia Nut Plantation: Australia's most famous nut.
- World Heritage wet tropics rainforest
- The amazingly different, dry tropical savannah
- The stunning, 550 year old, Cathedral fig tree
- Lake Barrine teahouse, overlooking the crater lake
- The towering, 1000 year old Twin Kauri Pine trees
- Atherton Tablelands - Cairns Highlands
- Small towns: Mareeba - Tolga - Atherton - Yungaburra
Your tour visits small producers and private properties.
Meet the locals and taste fabulous food.
Your day is co-ordinated and everything is included, so time is not wasted ordering and then waiting to be served.
Experienced guides entertain you throughout the day, providing information about our history and sights you are seeing as well as taking you to both the wet tropics and dry tropics.
At Food Trail Tours they take you behind the scenes on informative plantation tours, where you get under trees and into on farm processing sheds where you learn about gourmet food production.
Visit two tropical fruit wineries, a gourmet coffee producer, a cheese factory and a macadamia plantation.
The day is a paddock to plate experience where you are able to interact with local growers and processors.
There are numerous opportunities to taste the foods and purchase commercial products at the farm gate.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Pick up at approx 8:00am
- Returning between 5:30pm - 6pm
- Return hotel transfers included from Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove)
- There are 21 passenger seats on this tour. Keeping it small, means you will have a relaxed and personalised day.
Food Trail Tours Packages
Taste of the Tropics
LUXURY STUDIO - TRINITY BEACH
WAVEDANCER LOW ISLES REEF CRUISE
TABLELANDS GOURMET PRODUCE & SIGHTS
TROPICAL FRUIT WINERY | COFFEE PLANTATION
Character Filled Authentic Touring
ENSUITE ROOM OR FLAT
EVOLUTION - OUTER REEF - LOTS OF SPACE
FOOD & WINE TOUR - MEETING LOCALS
BILLY TEA CAPE TRIBULATION SAFARI
Food Trail Tours Guest Reviews (7)
Friday, April 15, 2016
Food and wine tour - the tour guide was very informative and funny. All the food was delicious, tastings were small but yummy. Wines weren't the highlight. Delicious macadamias!
Sunday, August 23, 2015
best day, informative and very interesting.
Saturday, February 01, 2014
This was the best tour we went on whilst in Cairns. Thanks to Warrick for running the tour with only 3 people and giving us such personalised attention for the day. This tour gave us a great insight into the tablelands and the produce that this area of the Cairns region produces. It was a very enjoyable day out. Thankyou
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
When I get back to Cairns again, but who knows when I will do this tour again.
Warwick shared his wealth of local knowledge on topics of history, botany, geology, general interest, and the positive interaction with all the places we visited made us feel special. Entertaining and relaxed atmosphere.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Warwick provided a very informative commentary on the trip, the places we visited were all interesting and we had a very relaxing tour of the Tablelands.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
We had a great day. Our guide was excellent. Very knowledgeable. Other couples were lovely.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
We had a lovely time in Cairns and we want to thank you for the 2 trips we booked with you. The day at Kuranda was really good but the highlight for us was the Food Trail Tour. We thoroughly enjoyed that, it was so different and well worth the money. We have already sent Warwick from that tour an email to tell him how enjoyable it was and to tell him what a great driver Andrew was and have had a reply from him already.
It was good to have the tours booked in advance and to be picked up on time etc Thank you Jo and good luck for the future we will recommend Travstar to any family or friends that may wish to visit Cairns.
Khris and Mal Hill
Food Trail Tours Videos (1)
Food Trail Tours Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2018|
|Food Trail Tour||Adult||Child||Family|
|Food Trail Tours||$195||$115||$570|
|Child Age = 4-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|