Chillagoe Outback Tour
- Chillagoe limestone Caves
- Morning Tea at Mareeba Wetlands
|Based on 8 ratings|
Chillagoe Outback Tour Info
Chillagoe Caves & Outback Day Tour is the Ultimate day in the Outback!
Departs Cairns: Mon, Wed & Fri at 7:00am, returning at approx 6:30pm
- Return Cairns City hotel transfers
- Environmentalist driver guide in air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Mareeba Wetlands and Jabiru Safari Lodge for morning tea and a twenty minute cruise in an environmentally friendly and quiet electric boat. Birdlife is plentiful on the wetlands.
- Chillagoe Smelters - Travel through historical towns and rolling hills rich in mineral eventually giving way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe. Here you will delve into the history of the copper smelters, whose old chimneys dominate the western horizon. Visit the remains of the once mighty smelters to ponder what it was like working there
- Delicious Aussie lunch
- Chillagoe Cave tour - The fossilized remains of the ancient coral reefs with hidden limestone labyrinths give a portal to a lost world. Millions of years in the making, the limestone formations are nothing short of spectacular.
- Mt Uncle Distillery - have the choice of a devonshire tea or a cold beer or wine (own cost), or you may wish to indulge in the liqueur or spirit tasting of some of there international award winning Spirits and Liqueurs (own cost).
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves.
- The tour may be closed or itinerary changed due to the wet season where conditions may close roads and access to the caves.
Chillagoe Outback Tour Gallery
Chillagoe Outback Tour Packages
2 day Cape Trib & Chillagoe
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
CHILLAGOE LIMESTONE CAVES
Chillagoe Outback Tour Guest Reviews (3)
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Was a great day out and the Chillagoe cave tour was something just right for the hot and humide climate.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
wonderful day. heaps of wildlife. wetlands cruise was also great
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Very small 4WD group on the day making for a personal, friendly tour with excellent guide. Plenty to see - a very full day.