2 Day Package - Option 5 Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 5:
OSPREY V REEF CRUISE
+ RETURN SKYRAIL
or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Excellent value budget package, you can't go wrong with this one! Enjoy 2 different reef destinations in a day followed by a rainforest experience to Kuranda on the famous Skyrail Cableway and the option to upgrade and include the Kuranda Train.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
- Full day reef cruise
- 2 reef locations
- Snorkel equipment
- BBQ lunch
- Glass bottom boat
- Skyrail Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Train journey, as an optional upgrade
DAY 1: Down Under Cruise & Dive - OSPREY V
Osprey V offers a truly memorable reef experience to the true Outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. This vessel caters to nervous, first time Snorkellers, Introductory Divers as well as the more experienced Certified Diver.
Departure: Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal at 7:30am at Down Under Cruise & Dive counter, commence boarding at 8:00am, vessel departs at 8:30am. This trip returns to Cairns at 5:00pm.
Hotel transfers are an additional charge.
Included in your day:
- Osprey V is a 35m vessel taking up to 100 passengers with large sundeck and saloon
- Visit 2 spectacular reef locations - Norman, Saxon, Hastings and Michaelmas Reef and are chosen by the skipper on the day of travel to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to prevailing weather conditions.
- Aussie BBQ lunch- includes a selection of fish, steak, sausages, vegetarian, tropical salads and pastas.
- Morning tea, coffee and biscuits
- 5 hours of snorkelling
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- Snorkelling gear & floatation devices
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Coral viewing tour at one reef location (will operate subject to weather conditions)
- Live musical entertainment on homeward journey with complimentary glass of wine and cheese, fruit platter
- Environmental Management Charge of $20
- Hotel transfers if required
- Intro Diving
- Certified Diving
- Heli flights
- Snorkel Scooter
- Wetsuits/lycra suits for Snorkellers (included for cert divers)
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
Important Scuba Diving info that you need to know:
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers may be offered an alternative day for lost time/trip or alternatively a full or partial refund.
DAY 2: RETURN SKYRAIL or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Included in your day:
* Return hotel transfers
* Return Skyrail
* Kuranda Village and markets
* Or One way Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Rail upgrade
* Travel in a 6 person gondola cabin with panoramic views as you glide above the rainforest canopy on the amazing 7.5km journey.
* Gondolas leave the station continuously; bookings are taken in 15 minute intervals
* 2 rainforest mid-stations (Barron Falls and Red Peak)
* One-way Skyrail Experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete and for a return experience you should allow 2˝ hours.
Plan to spend approximately 20-30 minutes
* Skyrail operates daily from 9am to 5.15pm with the last departure scheduled for 3.30pm and is open every day of the year except is closed Christmas Day.
* Your Skyrail experience will commence or conclude at either the Caravonica or Kuranda, depending on your direction of travel.
Caravonica Terminal located just 15 minutes from Cairns and 50 minutes from Port Douglas and provides a convenient embarkation or disembarkation point and are conveniently serviced by regular coach transfer pick-ups. Self-drive passengers will also find Skyrail's location easily accessible with free car parking.
Red Peak Station Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are available throughout the day.
Barron Falls Station enjoy spectacular views of the Barron Gorge, state-of-the-art Rainforest Interpretation Centre, lookouts and historical displays at Barron Falls Station
Kuranda Terminal is located a short walk from the famous village of Kuranda the ‘Village in the Rainforest’ has numerous attractions including a butterfly sanctuary, a colourful bird aviary, koala park, walking tracks and a diverse range of markets, shops, cafes and restaurants. Depending on your travelling time on Skyrail, we recommend allowing yourself two to three hours in Kuranda which will give you enough time to explore and have some lunch / refreshments.
Kuranda Scenic Railway:
The famous Kuranda Scenic Railway was built over 100 years ago and winds its way through the tropical mountain ranges between Cairns and Kuranda.
The train departs at 8:30am and 9:30am from Cairns Central Station, 8:45am and 9:45am from Freshwater Station and 2pm and 3:30pm from Kuranda Station. Allow 1.5 hours for this journey.
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
Please advise your preferred travel times upon booking.
2 Day Package - Option 5 Guest Reviews (2)
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Brilliant two days. Good value for money. Organised efficiently - everything went without a hitch.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
It was exactly what was advertised no hidden extras, no stress had a great time!
2 Day Package - Option 5 Videos (12)
A Day On the Osprey Great Barrier Reef Cairns
Skyrail Cairns - Rainforest Cableway
Cairns scuba diving: Great Barrier Reef, Australia diving video. Mating turtles and clownfish
Skyrail Video - Red Peak Station
Barron Falls Station
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Kuranda Train including Skyrail attraction and tour
Australian Wildlife at Koala Gardens, Kuranda
Rainforestation Nature Park Kuranda - 1 min promo video
Birdworld Kuranda, Queensland Australia
2 Day Package - Option 5 Rates
- OSPREY V - 2 REEF LOCATIONS - GLASS BOTTOM BOAT - AWARD WINNING SKYRAIL - KURANDA VILLAGE - KURANDA SCENIC RAILStay between now and 31/March/2014
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2014|
|2 Day Package - Option 5||PACKAGE|
|Osprey + return Skyrail||$223|
|Osprey + Train & Skyrail, self drive||$235|
|Osprey + Train & Skyrail||$247|
|Osprey w Intro/Cert Dive + return Skyrail||$283|
|Osprey + Skyrail & Train GoldClass||$296|
|Osprey w Intro/Cert Dive + Train & Skyrail||$307|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|
CALL US AND SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR LOCAL CONSULTANTS FOR
EXCELLENT PERSONALISED SERVICE AND LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
FREECALL: 1800 663 396
INTERNATIONAL CALLERS: +617 40402100