2 Day Package - Osprey & Kuranda Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 5:
OSPREY V REEF CRUISE
+ RETURN SKYRAIL
or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Excellent value budget package, you can't go wrong with this one! Enjoy 2 different reef destinations in a day followed by a rainforest experience to Kuranda on the famous Skyrail Cableway and the option to upgrade at a extra cost and include the Kuranda Train.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
- Full day reef cruise
- 2 reef locations
- Snorkel equipment
- BBQ lunch
- Skyrail Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Train journey, as an optional upgrade cost
DAY 1: OSPREY V - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Down Under Cruise & Dive offer M.V. Osprey V a state of the art high-speed 35-metre (120ft) vessel, cruising at up to 30 knots, providing comfort and safety for a maximum of 100 passengers. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Experience two different reef destinations such as Norman, Saxon, Hastings or Michaelmas Reef. Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Live onboard entertainment on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi Submersible tour $10 if prebooked or $20 on the day of travel
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Guided Dives $10 per dive
- Wetsuits for Snorkellers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli flights
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
DAY 2: RETURN SKYRAIL or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Included in your day:
Return hotel transfers (except for self drive option)
Kuranda Village and markets
Or One way Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Rail upgrade
Travel in a 6 person gondola cabin with panoramic views as you glide above the rainforest canopy on the amazing 7.5km journey.
Gondolas leave the station continuously; bookings are taken in 15 minute intervals
2 rainforest mid-stations (Barron Falls and Red Peak)
One-way Skyrail Experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete and for a return experience you should allow 2˝ hours.
Plan to spend approximately 20-30 minutes
Skyrail operates daily from 9am to 5.15pm with the last departure scheduled for 3.30pm and is open every day of the year except is closed Christmas Day.
Your Skyrail experience will commence or conclude at either the Caravonica or Kuranda, depending on your direction of travel.
Caravonica Terminal located just 15 minutes from Cairns and 50 minutes from Port Douglas and provides a convenient embarkation or disembarkation point and are conveniently serviced by regular coach transfer pick-ups. Self-drive passengers will also find Skyrail's location easily accessible with free car parking.
Red Peak Station Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are available throughout the day.
Barron Falls Station enjoy spectacular views of the Barron Gorge, state-of-the-art Rainforest Interpretation Centre, lookouts and historical displays at Barron Falls Station
Kuranda Terminal is located a short walk from the famous village of Kuranda the ‘Village in the Rainforest’ has numerous attractions including a butterfly sanctuary, a colourful bird aviary, koala park, walking tracks and a diverse range of markets, shops, cafes and restaurants. Depending on your travelling time on Skyrail, we recommend allowing yourself two to three hours in Kuranda which will give you enough time to explore and have some lunch / refreshments.
KURANDA UPGRADES (extra cost):
Kuranda Scenic Railway:
The famous Kuranda Scenic Railway was built over 100 years ago and winds its way through the tropical mountain ranges between Cairns and Kuranda.
The train departs at 8:30am and 9:30am from Cairns Central Station, 8:45am and 9:45am from Freshwater Station and 2pm and 3:30pm from Kuranda Station. Allow 1.5 hours for this journey.
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes.
2 Day Package - Osprey & Kuranda Guest Reviews (2)
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Brilliant two days. Good value for money. Organised efficiently - everything went without a hitch.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
It was exactly what was advertised no hidden extras, no stress had a great time!
2 Day Package - Osprey & Kuranda Videos (12)
A Day On the Osprey Great Barrier Reef Cairns
Skyrail Cairns - Rainforest Cableway
Cairns scuba diving: Great Barrier Reef, Australia diving video. Mating turtles and clownfish
Skyrail Video - Red Peak Station
Barron Falls Station
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Kuranda Train including Skyrail attraction and tour
Australian Wildlife at Koala Gardens, Kuranda
Rainforestation Nature Park Kuranda - 1 min promo video
Birdworld Kuranda, Queensland Australia
2 Day Package - Osprey & Kuranda Rates
- OSPREY V - 2 REEF LOCATIONS - GLASS BOTTOM BOAT - AWARD WINNING SKYRAIL - KURANDA VILLAGE - KURANDA SCENIC RAILStay between now and 31/March/2015
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2015|
|2 Day Package - Option 5||PACKAGE|
|Osprey + return Skyrail||$225|
|Osprey + Train & Skyrail, self drive||$237|
|Osprey + Train & Skyrail||$249|
|Osprey w Intro/Cert Dive + return Skyrail||$285|
|Osprey + Skyrail & Train Gold Class||$298|
|Osprey w Intro/Cert Dive + Train & Skyrail||$309|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|
CALL US AND SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR LOCAL CONSULTANTS FOR
EXCELLENT PERSONALISED SERVICE AND LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
FREECALL: 1800 663 396
INTERNATIONAL CALLERS: +617 40402100