3 Night Reef & Island Fun
SUNLOVER RETURN FERRY TRANSFERS
SUNLOVER OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP
SWIM UP POOL BAR
FREE SEMI SUBMARINE & GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
3 Night Reef & Island Fun Options
|3 Night - Resort Studio|
|3 Night -1 Bedroom Ocean Suite|
|3 Night -2 Bedroom Ocean Suite|
3 Night Reef & Island Fun Info
- Stay at Fitzroy Island Resort
- Return Sunlover ferry transfers from Cairns
- Sunlover Great Barrier Reef cruise
- Semi-Submarine tour at Reef
DAY 1 - Check in to Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Check-in starts from 8.30am and closes at 9.15am for a 9.30am departure from Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns
After a short 45 minute ferry ride from Cairns the view of Fitzroy Island Resort with an impressive majestic mountainous backdrop will come into view. Here you can experience the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef with impressive fringing coral reefs off the island.
- Swimming Pool and spa
- Swim up pool bar
- Restaurant open for breakfast lunch, and dinner
- Foxy's Bar & Cafe (live entertainment most weekends)
- Guest laundry (coin operated)
- BBQ area
- Souvenir and snack shop
- Kid's games/play room
- Conference/function rooms
Resort Studio Hotel Room:
- King or twin bedding
- Air-conditioning & Ceiling fan
- Plasma TV
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower
- Linen and towels provided
- Iron & ironing board
- *These rooms do not have a balcony or view to the ocean.
Additionally Ocean Suites Feature:
- Kitchenette (microwave, toaster and full size fridge)
- Laundry with washer and dryer
- Lounge & dining area
- Queen bed & sofa bed- sleeps up to 4 guests (with extra 2 persons sleeping on sofa bed).
- Spacious Balcony
- Shower and heated towel rails
- * Some rooms with ocean view (ground floor suites have garden view)
2 bedroom Ocean Suite
Is a combination of an Ocean Suite and Resort Studio room adjacent to each other connected through a common walkway. The rooms are not interconnecting and may not be suitable for families with small children.
DAY 2 - Sunlover Moore Reef Cruise
Depart from Fitzroy Island at 10:15am and arrive back at Fitzroy Island at 4:30pm or Cairns at 5:30pm if this is your final day.
Jump on-board Sunlover Reef Cruises that picks you up at 10:15am from the wharf on Fitzroy Island and head out the pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef. You will have 4 hours on the pontoon to experience the reef from many aspects.
- Sumptuous buffet lunch including fresh seafood, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruits.
- All snorkelling equipment including buoyancy vest, mask and snorkel.
- Complimentary glass bottom boat and semi-submersible vessel tours
- Marine Life touch tank introduces you to some of the unique creatures of the reef.
- Underwater observatory with daily reef naturalist presentations and fish feeding
- Kids swimming enclosure - Small children can also enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in the safety of an enclosed pool area. Fish can swim inside the enclosure for a true reef experience.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (charges apply and must be pre-booked):
Certified Scuba Diving
Guided Snorkel Tours
Scenic Helicopter Flights
These options and prices are available when booking.
At leisure to explore the island
Fitzroy Island is covered with magnificent rainforest and features many walking tracks ranging from a short stroll to Nudey Beach through to a more challenging hike to the Summit. The island is surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs which are teeming with marine life. The best snorkelling is off the rocks between Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach. Expect to see Turtles, tropical fish and many colourful corals. It is possible to pre-book an activities package for an additional cost that includes Snorkel Hire (1 day), Glass Bottom Boat Tour (1 hour) and Kayak (1 hour).
At leisure to explore the island before Sunlover Ferry departs at 4:40 pm for your transfer back to Cairns. Arriving into Cairns at 5:30pm. (bag storage and change facilities are available for guests)
Please Note: This package includes return Ferry Transfers with Sunlover as a bonus inclusion. In the event you cancel the Sunlover trip the ferry transfers are not included.
**Please be mindful when booking flights of these times.
**If your flight times do not fit with the Sunlover scheduled Reef & Island Fun ferry times it is possible to pay additionally for alternative ferry transfers.