4 Night Best of Cairns Experience
FULL BREAKFAST DAILY
AFTERNOON CRUISING CAIRNS BIKE TOUR
OUTER BARRIER REEF DAY TRIP
INTRO DIVE | 10 MINUTE HELI RIDE
4 Night Best of Cairns Experience Options
|Best of Cairns Experience|
4 Night Best of Cairns Experience Info
Best of Cairns Experience - Packed with fun activities! See the Great Barrier Reef from above and below the water. Experience a fun and active afternoon bike ride. Enjoy 4 nights at The Hotel Cairns including breakfast daily.
- 4 nights at The Hotel Cairns
- Full Breakfast Daily
- Outer Barrier Reef on-board Osprey V
- 10 minute Heli flight
- Intro or cert dive
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
- Afternoon Bike Tour
Day One: Check-in at The Hotel Cairns
The Hotel Cairns offers travellers a true tropical experience with a contemporary ambience. Located only one block from the famous Esplanade, and only a 10 minute stroll to the swimming lagoon and Reef Fleet Terminal. The Hotel Cairns is shaded by towering palm trees and maintains a secure environment with excellent facilities.
- Restaurant and Bar
- 24 hour reception
- Swimming Pool and Spa
- New cardio-gym
- Bike Hire
- Reef and Pool Towels to use free of charge
- Sun Lounge Area/ Terrace Lounge
- Flat Screen TV (Satellite/Cable), DVD/CD Player
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
Enjoy the beautifully appointed, airy Plantation Room with plantation shutters, ceiling fans and cool marble and terracotta floors. Occupying the ground and first floor levels , the 22sqm Plantation Rooms are fully equipped hotel style. 2 x king single beds OR 1 king size bed. Maximum 2 guests.
Tower Rooms with balcony
Located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th level of the hotel, Tower Rooms have 33sqm of living area making them ideal for longer stays. Relax on your own private and spacious 7sqm balcony with views over Cairns. Queen bed OR the option of an extra single bed. Rate includes 2 guests. Maximum 4 guests (additional fees apply)
Breakfast is served between 6.00am and 9.00am Mon-Fri and 6.00am and 10.00am Sat-Sun. Breakfasts feature an extensive choice of seasonal tropical fruits, pastries, cereals and a freshly cooked hot buffet.
Day Two: Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under
Evolution Reef Cruise inclusions + 1 Scuba Dive* + 10 minute scenic helicopter flight
Have your camera ready as you lift off from the Outer Reef heli pad for an incredible 10 minute scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef. Appreciate from the air, the sheer size of the reef system as you look for marine life in their natural habitat. Be amazed at the colours and beauty of the coral gardens before touching back down to re-join the crew on board Evolution.
See the Great Barrier Reef from every possible angle!
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
- 10 minute Scenic Heli Flight over the Reef
- Certified or Introductory Scuba Dive (*not included in snorkel only price)
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel, 10 minute Scenic Helicopter flight
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW VESSEL
- 10 MINUTE HELI RIDE
- INTRO DIVE
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- The Hotel Cairns is a 10 minute walk from the Reef Fleet Terminal
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour $10
- Lycra and wet suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel.
Day Three: Cruising Cairns Afternoon Bike Tour:
If you can ride a bike and love the outdoors, you will love this tour
Enjoy a personalised bike tour experience of Cairns city. Ride easy on a comfortable cruiser style bicycle to explore hidden pathways, popular hot spots & secret gems in town. This small family business is eco-focused, and takes so much pride in the everyday surprises of this little but great city.
8 ‘point of interest’ stop locations
Safety equipment & protective wear
Sunscreen & insect repellant
Scoop of locally made gelato
Free photographs posted online
The Tanks Art Centre
Cairns Pioneer Cemetery
Marlin Marina (sunset)
3 Extra secret locations
Your afternoon begins meeting at Wharf Shed 2 Bike Rack (located next to the car park on the corner of Wharf Street and Abbott Street). This is a 15 minute walk along the esplanade to the Cruise Liner Terminal.
Feel the cool breeze as you set off with your friendly local guide along canals and through stunning gardens, as well as picturesque, classic local backstreets. Discover some of the most impressive building structures in town, pass beautiful lakes with bird life and end with a sunset view & a complimentary scoop of gelato! Your local guide loves answering questions and can't wait to teach you about the wildlife, culture, and history of the region through quirky stories and interesting facts.
The route has been carefully selected and starts at the Cairns Wharf to cruise through the city, along canals, into parks, down a bush track, up quiet streets, through the mangroves and then down the Cairns esplanade bike path to the Marlin Marina at sunset. Light-hearted and informative dialogue accompanies each of the 8 stopping locations.
At each stop, you will be offered different tastes and smells to evoke the senses, and which are linked to the stories and facts being told. This trip captures the essence and variety of Cairns all while being fun and active!
Meeting Point: Wharf Park Bike Rack (next to the car park on the corner of Wharf Street and Abbott Street)
As this tour only departs Monday to Friday we will adjust your package to fit the tour as required.
Meeting Time: 2:30pm
Duration: 4 hours
Day Four: Free day at leisure
Day Five: Check out from The Hotel Cairns, End of Package
PLEASE NOTE: Breakfast daily at The Hotel Cairns. Airport transfers are not included. We always suggest a taxi is better value and more convenient.
GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
4 Night Best of Cairns Experience Guest Reviews (22)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Well put together package including the best of Cairns
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Travstar staff were excellent in every way. Thank you.
Friday, July 30, 2010
I am very happy and satisfied overall with Travstar experience. The staff was really helpful. There was no credit card surcharge and the service of travstar was excellent. I would surlely recommend it to my friends to use Travstar services whenever they visit Cairns.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
A great package . We will continue to recommend.
Friday, March 26, 2010
We had a great trip to Queensland. The whole package was brilliant. The hotel was everything that we wished for, the trip on the train and skyrail was brilliant. The weather was a little rough on the day that we went to the Barrier reef but the Ocean Spirit staff were superb. Everything was very organised and very professional. A superb day!
Thank you for the whole package I wish that were companies like yours in the UK. I have started to save again for a return trip so look out for me.
Best wishes from England
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Excellent package well worth the money, very professionaly organised.
Thursday, March 04, 2010
I am now back home after a great trip to Australia and would like to thank you for your help with the last minute booking we made for Cairns , the accommodation at Hotel Cairns was great and we all enjoyed the trips, will certainly be telling our friends to use your company if holidaying in Aus
Thanks again for all your help
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Well organised what more can I say just great.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
In the past I have been apprehensive about package tours but Travstar.Com have changed my opinion on this. The staff were attentive and pleasant to deal with. Everything with the package was excellent and well organised. The booking was easy and the follow-up with e-mails first class and also provided great information as to what to expect, what you need to do. The whole experience was delightful and problem free. Thanks Travstar.com.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
What fabulous value for money, we never stopped, so much to see and do and we certainly felt we were able to achieve this in a few short days due to the arrangement of the package.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Brilliant, great value for money, especially for those who want flexibility with their holiday.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
thank you for your prompt attention to detail which made the holiday very special, great value.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
excellent value for money
Monday, October 26, 2009
had a great time and look forward to doing it again
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The package represents great value for your money, and all the planning is done for you which means you can enjoy your free days.
Monday, August 24, 2009
We were thrilled with our package and felt it was a real bargain. Everything either met or exceeded our expectations. Would highly recommend it.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Well planned and thought out, pity about the reef trip, but overall, a great short break and we would use the company again
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Booked this all online, response from staff was quick and efficient.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
WILL BE LOOKING TO GO AGAIN AND AGAIN WOULD DO THAT GETAWAY AGAIN WILL DEFINATLY USE THE 5% DISCOUNT THANK YOU VERY MUCH HAD A GREAT TIME
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
This was our holiday within our holiday....the hotel facilities were amazing and the location is excellent .....if we ever return to Cairns we would go back to this hotel.............overall the package we bought was excellent value for money !
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Just wanted to write and say how much we enjoyed the trip we arranged through you. The hotel was clean and well managed and in a great location. And the daytrips to the Reef and Kuranda were lovely.