4 Night Kewarra Reef & Rainforest
PERFECT COUPLES ESCAPE
WAVEDANCER SAILING DAYTRIP TO LOW ISLES
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT | SNORKELLING | LUNCH
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL DAYTRIP
4 Night Kewarra Reef & Rainforest Options
|Kewarra Reef & Rainforest|
4 Night Kewarra Reef & Rainforest Info
Relax and enjoy this perfect couples Beach Bungalow Escape in the tranquil beach side surrounds of the stunning and unique Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa. This package combines a five night stay at an idyllic nature resort on the shores of the Great Barrier Reef, a sailing daytrip to Low Isles on the Quicksilver Wavedancer including scenic transfers from Kewarra Beach Resort to Port Douglas, and a full day trip to Kuranda including the Scenic Rail and Skyrail including return Kewarra Beach Resort transfers.
- 4 Nights at Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
- Individual bungalow set in rainforest
- Quicksilver Wavedancer to Low Isles
- Kuranda, Train & Skyrail daytrip
- Return hotel transfers for both tours
Day One : Check into KEWARRA BEACH RESORT & SPA
Upon arrival at Kewarra Beach Resort you will be greeted with a welcome tropical drink. Soak up the absolute beachfront Melaleuca forest and lush tropical gardens. Each individual guest bungalow is set either beside the lagoon, set amongst gardens, or you can upgrade to the Pipi Beachfront bungalows nestled in the beachfront melaleuca trees. Relax on your private verandah and soak up the warmth of the tropics. Enjoy life's simple pleasures in the comfort of your bungalow.
The central relaxing point during your stay are the two freeform tropical pools with waterfall, spa, secluded cave and rock pools. The perfect spot for a quiet swim.
UNIQUE & SPECIAL RESORT
* Perfect couples escape!!
* Absolute "Seclusion without isolation"
* Hammocks, sun lounges, and phone on beach for dial up room service
* 2x Freeform swimming pools and water features
* Pool and Beach Towels at reception
* Stunning tropical gardens and wildlife
* Guest laundry and valet service
* 24 Hour Reception
* Room Service
* Paperbark Restaurant & bar
* White Lotus Day spa
* Beach Cafe open Wed. - Sun. from 11am - 7pm
Deluxe Pandanus Bungalow
Private Bungalows nestled amongst pristine rainforest. The bungalows are spacious and tastefully appointed with modern furniture and art. The private balconies are truly wonderful; the perfect spot to unwind and listen to the chorus of local birdlife, so if it's nature you're after, look no further than the Deluxe Pandanus bungalows, each cleverly designed to blend into the natural rainforest.
* King or Queen Sized Bed
* Tea and Coffee making facilities
* Complimentary wireless internet access
* VOIP compatibility
* Mini Bar
* Large flat screen TVs
* Clock Radio
* Bath and Shower
* Private access
* Private balcony
* Air Conditioning
* Ceiling Fans
* Fully Screened
* Iron and Ironing Board
* Exclusive tropical furnishings
* Disabled facilites available in some room types
Paperbark Restaurant will tempt your palate with an array of tantalizing dishes that reflect the diverse range of unique flavours that tropical North Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef are renowned for.
The Beach Shack provides the perfect beach location for a morning coffee, light lunch or sunset cocktails.
White Lotus day spa is designed to reflect the beautiful tropical environment of the Kewarra Beach Resort, with its unique beachfront and rainforest setting. The spa is situated next to the Resort Lagoon, set amongst tropical foliage and cooling water features. Feel the warmth of the tropics with a Monsoon Vichy Shower, or experience a cooling body wrap, relaxing massage or customized facial.
Day Two :QUICKSILVER WAVEDANCER TO LOW ISLES
Sail away on Quicksilver's luxury catamaran Wavedancer to a idyllic, Low Isles a beautiful coral cay situated 15km off the coast of Port Douglas. From the moment your luxury catamaran moors in the calm waters of the island's picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await you.
- Return hotel transfers from Kewarra Beach Resort
- Departs Marina Mirage Port Douglas at 10:00am
- Returns to Marina Mirage at 4:30pm, transfer back to Kewarra Beach Resort
The Wavedancer Package Includes:
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Informative reef presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- All snorkelling equipment
- Thatched umbrellas for your comfort
- Glass Bottom boat coral viewing tour
- Guided snorkelling trips with Marine Biologist
- Wavedancer is a 30m sailing catamaran vessel takes a maximum of 150 passengers
Day Three: KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
Kuranda in a Day is an unguided budget tour option which combines the famous Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway into a relaxing scenic day trip.
What makes it Great?
- Excellent value
- Return Coach transfers from your Cairns accommodation or self drive
- Choose to add on attractions
- Choose from 2 or 4 hours in Kuranda
A1 ITINERARY (Train up, Skyrail down):
* 8:15-8:30am pickup from Kewarra Beach Resort
* 9:45am Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
* Choose 4 hours in Kuranda Village
* 3:30pm Skyrail Cableway
* Barron Falls Boardwalk
* Red Peak Boardwalk
* 4:40pm Return transfer to accommodation
Freshwater Station: Freshwater Connection station includes a museum, and pioneer cottage which provide visitors with an interesting and educational experience. There is time to see the museum and take photos. There is also a cafe here where you have time to grab a coffee or a bite to eat.
Kuranda Scenic Railway:Since June 1891 this famous railway has offered passengers a very special journey between Kuranda and Freshwater Station. Admire the toil of the men and women who built this line over 100 years ago as it passes through 15 hand hewn tunnels and over many bridges, crossing waterfalls and ravines as it traverses the very edge of the Barron River Gorge where you will stop at the Observation Deck for photographs.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Skyrail is the world's only rainforest cableway, traversing the Barron Gorge National Park, offering superb views of the Coral Sea and World Heritage Rainforest from a 'birds eye view'. Alight at Red Peak Station to stroll on an interpretive rainforest boardwalk and at Barron Falls Station enjoy short walks to view points of the Barron Gorge and Falls, together with a visit to the high quality Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Kuranda Station: For over one hundred years Kuranda has been attracting the tourist in search of exotic scenery and mountain air. Today Kuranda Station is world renowned for its tropical gardens and historic significance. It is possibly one of the most photographed railway stations in the world. The heritage-listed buildings blend with the tropical surrounds providing a relaxed environment to enjoy. The Kuranda Railway Tea Rooms at the station offer a great range of souvenirs and refreshments.
Kuranda Village: Stroll the tree-lined streets of Kuranda, punctuated with quaint village architecture, shops, galleries, restaurants and cafes. Spend a few hours or just a short visit, the choice is yours. You will have 2-4 hours free time to purchase your lunch and explore Kuranda. Discover the charm, colour and diversity that Kuranda has to offer:
Kuranda Markets: The 'Original' Kuranda Markets are open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday. The Kuranda Heritage Markets are open 7 days a week.
Australian Butterfly Sanctuary: Experience the magic and enchantment of Australia's largest live butterfly display (own expense).
Birdworld: This is the largest collection of free-flying birds in Australia with over 70 species (own expense).
Kuranda Koala Gardens: Cuddle a koala (souvenir photo optional) and experience Australia's first walk through snake enclosure (own expense).
Train Gold Class:
For an additional charge, upgrade the Kuranda Scenic Railway (KSR) leg of your journey to KSR Gold Class -
KSR Gold Class provides a premium experience for passengers wanting that extra comfort and a little bit of luxury for a most memorable experience. KSR Gold Class includes a dedicated host service, individual seating in lounge style chairs, in ambient historical décor carriages. Advance bookings are essential.
Kuranda Scenic Railway Gold Class includes:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience.
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You will have access to all three attractions at a great saving off the normal admission price!
Trinity Beach is an idyllic setting where you can launch yourself into a most adventurous and exciting experience or settle under the coconut palms to relax and unwind - either way, you're in for a great holiday. Trinity Beach is conveniently located to all the major tourist attractions, including the Great Barrier Reef, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and championship golf courses.
Kewarra Beach Resort Locality:
Kewarra Beach - 2 Min Walk
Golf Course - 5 Min Drive
Great Barrier Reef Departure Point - 20 Min drive or pick up from resort
Wildlife Park & Night Zoo - 15 Min Drive
Clifton Beach Shopping Centre - 10 Min Drive
Cairns Airport - 20 Min Drive
Cairns City / CBD - 25 Min Drive
Port Douglas - 40 Min Drive
Freshwater Train Station - 20 Min Drive
Skyrail Caravonica - 15 Min Drive
Kuranda Rainforest Village - 30 Min Drive
Kewarra offers you the space to relax, and room to move, minutes from Palm Cove, Cairns, Shopping Centres and Attractions. Enjoy the expansive gardens and tropical beauty which truly reflects our heritage, Kewarra offers you the luxury, service and facilities of an exclusive nature lodge while you explore the Great Barrier Reef, rainforest and the outback
Day Four: Free days to relax and explore
Note: Travstar.com can arrange return hotel transfers for an additional $18/person each way if required.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.