5 night Tropical Reef & Rainforest
BREAKFAST DAILY | 5 HOURS FREE INTERNET
GREAT BARRIER REEF CRUISE - 2 OUTER REEFS
CAPE TRIBULATION - DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
5 night Tropical Reef & Rainforest Options
|Tropical Reef & Rainforest|
5 night Tropical Reef & Rainforest Info
TROPICAL REEF & RAINFOREST PACKAGE combines tropical central accommodation with 3 popular reef & rainforest tours. It provides excellent value for a 5 night getaway to the tropics.
Package Highlights & Inclusions:
- 5 Nights Studio Room at Bay Village
- Continental Breakfast daily
- Complimentary 5 hours wireless internet
- Free drink when dining at Bayleaf restaurant
- Evolution Outer Barrier Reef daytrip
- Kuranda Train & Skyrail daytrip
- Kuranda Village
- Daintree & Cape Tribulation daytrip
- Wildlife Habitat Sanctuary
- Daintree River Cruise
DAY 1 - Arrive into Cairns, check into BAY VILLAGE
Bay Village Studio rooms are very comfortable and spacious. This a resort style property has lovely gardens and is within easy walking distance to the Cairns waterfront and City.
Included in your stay:
- 5 nights in a Studio
- Continental breakfast daily between 6:30am and 9:30am
- 5 hours FREE use of wireless internet
- FREE drink when dining at Bayleaf
Studio Rooms feature:
- Serviced daily
- Queen and 1x single bed
- Kitchenette with microwave, mini fridge, toaster, tea & coffee making facilities
- Air Conditioning and ceiling fans
- Ensuite with shower, hairdryer
- Free car parking
- Fully Licensed Restaurant - Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Guest Laundry (charges apply)
- BBQ area
- Outdoor swimming pool
DAY 2:EVOLUTION - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!!
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour $10 if pre-booked
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Certified Dive Guide
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli ride at Hastings Reef
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel.
DAY 3: Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 7:25am pick-up from Bay Village
- 8.45am - Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
- Free time in Kuranda
- 2.15pm - Return by Skyrail from Kuranda
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- 4pm - Transfer to Bay Village arriving back around 4:30pm
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: There is plenty of free time in Kuranda for you to explore the village. The markets are open 7 days a week, giving you the chance to see the local arts and crafts and pick up a souvenir!
The attractions are many and varied including Bird World, The Butterfly Sanctuary and the Koala Gardens. You could also enjoy a river cruise or enjoy lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants in the village (extra charges).
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Smithfield. There are 2 stops en-route to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
Train Gold Class upgrade: Additional cost
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
*Not Included are entrance fees into the attractions in Kuranda or lunch. This can be purchased whilst there. Or you can pre-book and save with the Kuranda Wildlife Experience package.
DAY 4:Daintree & Cape Trib Safari
Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery with Adventure Company exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation where the Rainforest meets the Reef.
Includes return hotel transfers.
Pickup from Bay Village at 7:05am. Return back to Bay Village between 6-6:30pm.
Inclusions & Highlights:
• Coastal Drive – Travel to Port Douglas on one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia. Have your camera ready for breath taking views.
• Wildlife Habitat – 1 hour to visit the award winning Rainforest Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and beautiful native animals. You have a chance to have morning tea with the birds (optional extra), hand feed a Kangaroo and see a Koala doing what they do best…..sleeping! If you visit Rainforest Habitat you will not have 1 hour free time in Port Douglas.
• Mossman Gorge - Enjoy a guided walk through this magnificent rainforest area taking in the boardwalk and waterholes.
• Alexandra Lookout – The perfect location to view where the Daintree Rainforest, Daintree River and the Coral Sea merge into one spectacular panoramic reflection. Ideal spot for those post card photo opportunities.
• Lunch Time – Only meters from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a Chef prepared lunch. Indulge in a set menu choice of local barramundi (fish), Steak and a Vegetarian option all served with a fresh garden salad & chips, daily baked bread finished off with a tropical fruit platter to share at your table. Bring your towel & swimmers for a dip in the resort pool or in the ocean (marine stingers are present during the stinger season Oct to June).
• Cape Tribulation Beach – Already there for the lunch break you now have free time for a walk along the full length of the magical Cape Tribulation Bay (takes 30min unguided) or simply kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”!
• Daintree River Wildlife Cruise – Your journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat and retrieve knowledge and tales of the area from a local naturalist guide.
• Rex Lookout – On the return trip back to Cairns, stop briefly at Rex’s Lookout. A popular spot for tourist’s to take scenic photos of the coast line and out to Green Island. It’s also a popular spot for dare devil hang gliders to enjoy the uplifting sea breeze.
DAY 5 : Free days to explore Cairns
DAY 6: Check out of Bay Village. End of package
Return Transfers from your accommodation are not included on Reef Cruise, but are included on Kuranda and Cape Trib.
The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
Airport transfers not included. A taxi will cost around $25 and is a 10 minute drive.