Cape Trib, Reef Daytripper & Kuranda Info
3 Day Tour Package - Option 6 includes 3 days of fun and adventure!!!
* Reef Daytripper - Reef Cruise including Intro Scuba Dive
* Cape Trib Connections - Daintree & Cape Trib inc. hotel transfers
* Kuranda Train & Skyrail - inc. hotel transfers
DAY ONE - Reef Daytripper is a small sailing catamaran that offers sailing, snorkelling and diving adventures on the Great Barrier Reef.
Departure: Daily. 7:45am check in at 'D' finger Marlin Marina (near Reef Fleet Terminal) for a 8am departure and returns at 5pm.
- Reef Daytripper is a modern 12m-sailing/motor catamaran
- Small passenger numbers (20 max)
- All snorkelling equipment
- Upolu Reef lies at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, now a protected world heritage site
- 4 hours to visit two reef locations at Upolu and be amazed by the abundance of colourful marine life, lovely coral and giant clams.
- Reef Education Presentation
- Guided snorkel tour
- PADI scuba demonstration (Intro divers)
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Fruit & cheese platter with wine
- Hands-on sailing or complete relaxation
- Relax on bow nets - Look out for dolphins, turtles or even whales (seasonal June - Aug).
- Introductory & Certified dives are available onboard. These are an additional cost (if not included in tour)
- Professional, friendly and personalised service
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, heart, ear and other medical conditions may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers may be offered an alternative day for lost time/trip or alternatively a full or partial refund.
DAY TWO: Cape Tribulation Tour
This tour is one of the most popular things to do from Cairns for backpackers and travellers on a budget. This Cape Tribulation daytrip combines with the over-night tour transfer service for the guests who are staying overnight in Cape Tribulation. If time permits an overnight stay at Cape Tribulation is a fabulous way to experience the rainforest sounds and animals as most rainforest animals are nocturnal.
* Return hotel transfers in a 21 seater air-conditioned coach, starting from 7am
* Daintree River cable ferry
* Alexandra Range Lookout - birds-eye view of the Daintree River, Port Douglas and on a clear day, landmarks South of Cairns
* Marrdja or Jindalba Boardwalk [Guided] where you can experience ancient rainforest
* Morning & Afternoon Tea
* Lunch is a pre-packed lunch served in an esky near the Cape Trib Beach.
* Cape Tribulation Beach - take a walk along the beach where 'the rainforest meets the reef'
* Daintree Ice Cream Company for a chance to buy a tropical fruit ice cream (time permitting and extra cost).
* Daintree River - 1 hour Crocodile / Wildlife Cruise - domain of the large Estuarine Crocodiles. Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river where crocodiles wait patiently for a meal.
* Mossman Gorge - crystal clear waters, surrounded by lush rainforest - a magical location for a refreshing swim!
* On the journey home visit the picturesque tourist town of Port Douglas, arriving back in Cairns after an exciting day between 6.30pm or 7pm.
Please Note: Due to daily conditions the order of itinerary is subject to change.
DAY THREE: Kuranda Train & Skyrail
* 8:30am pickup from your hotel
* 9:45am Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
* Free time in Kuranda Village
* 1:30pm or 2:30pm Skyrail Cableway
* Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalk
* 3pm or 4pm transfer to your hotel
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Choose between 2.5hrs to 5 hrs free time in Kuranda Village.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
Upgrades: (extra cost)
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes.
Please Note: This package can commence any day of the week, in any preferred order *
Hotel transfers are included with the Cape Trib and Kuranda trips. Transfers are an optional extra charge for the reef if required.
Cape Trib, Reef Daytripper & Kuranda Videos (7)
Cape Trib, Reef Daytripper & Kuranda Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2016|
|3 Day Package - Option 6||PACKAGE|
|Reef Daytripper, Cape Trib, Kuranda||$446|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|
CALL US AND SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR LOCAL CONSULTANTS FOR
EXCELLENT PERSONALISED SERVICE AND LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
FREECALL: 1800 663 396
INTERNATIONAL CALLERS: +617 40402100