CapeTrib,Green Is, Kuranda & Waterfalls
CAPE TRIBULATION & DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
GREEN ISLAND - SNORKEL & GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
PARONELLA PARK & WATERFALLS
CapeTrib,Green Is, Kuranda & Waterfalls Options
|4 Day Package - Option 1|
CapeTrib,Green Is, Kuranda & Waterfalls Info
4 day tour only package: Experience our beautiful and diverse region.
The Far North is a diverse region, from the Great Barrier Reef to the World Heritage Listed Rainforests of Daintree and Cape Tribulation, the ever popular Kuranda Village and rolling pastures of the Atherton Tablelands.
- Cape Tribulation & Daintree Discovery
- Full Day Green Island
- Kuranda Train & Skyrail
- Tablelands, Waterfalls & Paronella Park
DAY ONE:Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge - Tropical Horizons
Discover the unique wilderness area of the World Heritage listed rainforests of both Cape Tribulation & iconic Mossman Gorge with Tropical Horizons, a Eco-Certified nature tourism operator.
- Includes return hotel transfers from:
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7am, returns approx 6:30pm.
- Departs Port Douglas at 8:30am. returns approx 5:30pm.
- GPS Activated Audio Commentary
- Short tour of Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Lunch in a rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation Beach guided foreshore walk
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Vehicular cable ferry crossings over the Daintree River
- Mossman Gorge Centre and guided walking tour
1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - catch a river boat and be guided down the Daintree River where there’s a good chance of catching a glimpse of a lazy crocodile or two, tree snakes, pythons and water birds.
Cape Tribulation Beach and a guided foreshore walk and Kulki lookout and observe where two of the world's natural wonders converge - the rainforest gives way to white sand and fringing coral reef!
Alexandra Range Lookout to enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea.
Vehicular cable ferry crossing over the Daintree River.
Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre is a special place of significance to the local Ku Ku Yalanji people. The group is transferred by eco-friendly open electric vehicles, which quietly wind their way into the tranquil gorge surrounds. Enjoy an interpretive guided walk of the gorge and experience this ancient rainforest firsthand.
Return you to your accommodation with wonderful memories of this unique and precious wilderness area.
The tour is operated using the latest GPS activated technology providing over 3hrs of commentary in the following languages- German, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese, delivered with sound effects and music, creating a truly memorable experience. Systems will be provided on day of travel. Feel free to bring your own earphones (3.5mm) or purchase for $3.00
DAY TWO:GREEN ISLAND DISCOVERY
Ferry transfers take 45-50 minutes each way from Cairns:
Departure times ex Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal: 8:30am, 10.30am, 1pm
Ferry departs Green Island at 12:00pm, 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
Passengers can choose preferred ferry times (please advise times upon booking).
Tour Highlights and Inclusions:
- Tea and coffee prior to departure
- Snorkelling equipment
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Complimentary beach bag
- Swimming pool
- Self Guided island eco walk
- Use of day visitor facilities
Optional Activities (at own cost):
- Scuba diving - Introductory or Certified
- Marineland Melanesia
- Canoe, windsurf & Surf ski hire
- Hotel transfers
DAY THREE:KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
(Down Under Tours)
Kuranda in a Day is an unguided budget tour option which combines the famous Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway into a relaxing scenic day trip.
8:15-8:30am pickup from your hotel
9:45am Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
4 hours in Kuranda Village
3:30pm Skyrail Cableway
Barron Falls Boardwalk
Red Peak Boardwalk
5:20pm Return transfer to accommodation
Highlights and Inclusions:
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Choose between 2.5hrs to 5 hrs free time in Kuranda Village.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes. (extra cost)
DAY FOUR:TABLELANDS, WATERFALLS & PARONELLA PARK
(Northern Experience Eco Tours)
What Makes it Great:
- Small, personalised group
- Naturalist guided rainforest walks
- Japanese and Chinese speaking guides available at Paronella Park
- Return hotel transfers are included from Cairns CBD hotels
- Cairns pickup from 7:20am and returns at approx 6:15pm
- Northern Beaches pickup from 6:50am and returns at approx 6:45pm
- Additional $10.00 per booking fee applies for Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) departures
Option A Fully inclusive Tour Features:
- Lake Barrine
- wildlife cruise on volcanic crater lake
- Devonshire morning tea - freshly baked at Lake Barrine Teahouse
- 1,100 year-old twin Bull-Kauri pine trees
- Giant Curtain Fig Tree - 600 years old and home to the shy Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo - only found in Queensland. (seasonally high up in the trees)
- Millaa Millaa Falls
- Hot buffet lunch at Roscoe's Piazza in Innisfail
- Paronella Park (Spanish Castle)
- Mena Creek Falls
- informative tour of gardens and castle ruins
- turtle & fish feeding
- Babinda Boulders (swimming optional)
- Wooroonooran National Park
- Afternoon tea & coffee
Pristine Lake Barrine is surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest teeming with abundant wildlife. Option A includes a wildlife cruise where you may see pelicans, ducks, tortoises, eels, water monitors and various snakes including pythons, carpet snakes and red bellied black snakes.
Millaa Millaa Falls:
One of the most renowned and photographed waterfalls in Australia. A quick swim is encouraged as the excitement of being underneath the cool flowing waters is invigorating.
Paronella Park: Spanish Castle Ruin
A 45 minute tour expertly conducted by Paronella Park's own guide in English, Japanese or Chinese. Paronella Park is a multi award winning tourist attraction created in the 1930's by Jose Paronella. Have fun feeding the fish and turtles and see the miniature bats in the 'Tunnel of Love'.
There are many great photo opportunities and ample time for a swim in the cool crystal clear mountain spring waters, direct from the rain forests of Mount Bartle Frere, Queensland's highest mountain.
Curtain Fig Tree:
Journey through quaint country towns and farming areas here are many great photo opportunities and ample time for a swim in the cool crystal clear mountain spring water visit an unusual quirk of nature - the 600 year old Curtain Fig Tree.
This package can start on any day and can be taken in any order.
Accommodation is not included.
CapeTrib,Green Is, Kuranda & Waterfalls Guest Reviews (1)
Monday, November 28, 2011
tour guide was excellent, lunch was great!