Hotel Cairns Getaway Package
FULL BREAKFAST DAILY
GREEN ISLAND DAY TRIP
SNORKELLING OR GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TOUR
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL DAY TOUR
Hotel Cairns Getaway Package Options
|4 Night Getaway | 1 Adult|
|4 Night Getaway | Families|
|4 Night Getaway | 2 Adults|
|4 Night Getaway | 3 Adults|
Hotel Cairns Getaway Package Info
HOTEL CAIRNS GETAWAY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 4 Nights at The Hotel Cairns
- Full Breakfast daily
- Green Island day tour
- Snorkelling gear or Glass bottom boat tour
- Kuranda Rail & Skyrail
Day One: Arrive into Cairns, check intoThe Hotel Cairns
The Hotel Cairns is one street back from the Cairns Esplanade and conveniently located an easy 10 minute drive from the Airport. A 5 minute walk to the centre of the CBD, restaurants, cafes, cinemas and the main Esplanade precinct with its free lagoon swimming pool, boardwalks and nature observation posts. The Hotel Cairns offers comfortable, classic, Queenslander style accommodation.
Hotel Facilities include:
- FREE WiFI
- Swimming pool and spa
- Undercover parking
- Guest laundry (charges apply)
- Onsite Restaurant. Breakfast is served between 6.00am and 9.00am daily. Breakfasts feature an extensive choice of seasonal tropical fruits, pastries, cereals and a freshly cooked hot buffet.
Room Facilities include:
- Air Conditioning & Ceiling Fans
- Bath and Shower combined, Hairdryer
- Flat Screen TV (Satellite/Cable), DVD/CD Player
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen and Towels provided
- Refrigerator - bar size
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
Plantation Rooms: Occupying the ground and first floor levels of our hotel, the 22sqm Plantation Rooms are modern, fully equipped hotel style rooms and are available in either 2 king single beds or 1 king size bed configuration. Can accommodate maximum 2 guests.
Tower Rooms: Located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th level of the hotel, Tower Rooms have 33sqm of living area making them ideal for longer stays. Available in either a queen size bed or the option for an extra single bed configuration.
Day Two:Green Island Eco Adventure
Make your own way to the Reef Fleet Terminal for your Green Island Eco Adventure. Located only a 10 minute stroll along the Cairns Esplanade, from The Hotel Cairns. Check in is required 30 mins prior to your scheduled departure time.
Your day includes:
- Return fast catamaran cruise
- Tea and coffee
- Self Guided Eco Island Walk
- Choice of Glass Bottom Boat tour OR use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of Island swimming pool
- Use of day visitor facilities
- From Cairns-8:30am,10:30am,1:00pm
- From Green Island-12:00pm,2:30pm,4:30pm
- Allow 45 minutes travel time each way
- Please advise preferred ferry times when booking
Green Island is the only coral cay on the Great Barrier Reef with a rainforest growing on it, which is home to 126 native plant species, colourful birdlife, surrounded by magnificent coral gardens and is some 15 hectares (approx 37 acres) in size.
With a range of exciting optional activities, you can design your day at your own pace. You'll also have the choice of glass bottom boat coral viewing OR snorkelling equipment.
Day Three: Kuranda Train & Skyrail:
This an unguided budget tour option which combines the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway into a relaxing scenic day trip.
Train Up, Skyrail Down
- The Hotel Cairns pick-up approx 8.45am (confirmed at the time of booking)
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 9.50am
- 4 hours free time in Kuranda
- Return by Skyrail 3.30pm
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- Transfer to The Hotel Cairns at 4.50pm
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1.5 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Smithfield. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1.15mins
OPTIONAL UPGRADES (Additional Cost)
Gold Class Kuranda Scenic Rail provides a premium experience for passengers wanting that extra comfort and a little bit of luxury for a most memorable experience. Gold Class includes:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You will have access to all three attractions at a great saving off the normal admission price! Alternatively, you can book entry only to each attraction.
Day Four: Free day to explore Cairns
The Hotel Cairns is located within easy walking distance to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon and shopping area.
Day Five: Check out from The Hotel Cairns,End of Package
GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.