2 MAGNIFICENT REEF LOCATIONS
ALL SNORKELLING GEAR
KURANDA SCENIC RAIL & SKYRAIL
FREE TIME IN KURANDA VILLAGE
Most Popular! Options
|2 Day:Outer Reef & Return Skyrail|
|2 Day:Outer Reef + Train & Skyrail|
Most Popular! Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 5:
EVOLUTION OUTER BARRIER REEF LUXURY CRUISE
+ RETURN SKYRAIL
or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Enjoy 2 different reef destinations in a day followed by a rainforest experience to Kuranda on the famous Skyrail Cableway and the option to upgrade at an extra cost to include the Kuranda Train.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
Brand New Evolution Reef Cruise:
- Full day luxury reef cruise
- 2 reef locations
- Snorkel equipment
- BBQ lunch
- Wine & cheese on cruise home
- Skyrail Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Train journey, as an optional upgrade cost
DAY 1: EVOLUTION - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!!
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Certified Dive Guide
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli ride at Hastings Reef
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel.
DAY 2: RETURN SKYRAIL or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Included in your day:
Return hotel transfers (except for self drive option)
Return Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Kuranda Village and markets
Or One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Rail upgrade
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Glide over and through the pristine rainforest canopy in a 6 person gondola.
Enjoy panoramic views on this amazing 7.5km journey.
Gondolas leave the station continuously; bookings are allocated in 15 minute intervals
2 rainforest mid-stations (Barron Falls and Red Peak)
One-way Skyrail Experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Allow 2˝ hours for a return experience.
Skyrail operates daily from 9am to 5.15pm with the last departure scheduled for 3.30pm.
Skyrail is open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
Your Skyrail experience will commence or conclude at either Smithfield or Kuranda, depending on your direction of travel.
Smithfield Terminal located just 15 minutes from Cairns city and 50 minutes from Port Douglas. Provides a convenient embarkment or disembarkment point and is conveniently serviced by regular coach transfer pick-ups. Self-drive passengers will also find Skyrail's location easily accessible with free car parking.
Red Peak Station: Complimentary ranger-guided boardwalk tours are available throughout the day. Interpretive signage and lookout.
Barron Falls: Spectacular views of the Barron Gorge and Barron Falls via three viewing platforms; Skyrail-CSIRO Interpretation Centre; historical pioneering displays.
Kuranda Terminal is located a short walk from the famous village of Kuranda the ‘Village in the Rainforest’ has numerous attractions including a butterfly sanctuary, a colourful bird aviary, koala park, walking tracks and a diverse range of markets, shops, cafes and restaurants. Depending on your travelling time on Skyrail, we recommend allowing yourself two to three hours in Kuranda which will give you enough time to explore and have some lunch / refreshments.
KURANDA UPGRADES (extra cost):
Kuranda Scenic Railway:
The famous Kuranda Scenic Railway was built over 100 years ago and winds its way through the tropical mountain ranges between Cairns and Kuranda.
The train departs at 8:30am and 9:30am from Cairns Central Station, 8:45am and 9:45am from Freshwater Station and 2pm and 3:30pm from Kuranda Station. Allow 1.5 hours for this journey.
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Diamond View (glass floor) Gondolas not only provide guests with amazing panoramic views of the rainforest canopy, tropical landscape and Coral Sea, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down at the treetops through to the forest floor. Maximum of 5 people and an average waiting time of 7 minutes.
Most Popular! Guest Reviews (2)
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Brilliant two days. Good value for money. Organised efficiently - everything went without a hitch.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
It was exactly what was advertised no hidden extras, no stress had a great time!