Reef Magic & Kuranda Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 2
REEF MAGIC & KURANDA:
The 2 day Reef and Skyrail Package is for those who want to explore the reef and rainforest at a relaxed pace. This package comprises of a Reef Magic Full Day Snorkelling Trip and a Kuranda daytrip.
Reef Magic Includes:
- 5 hours at the Outer Barrier Reef
- FREE Semi Submarine
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat
- Great Barrier Reef presentation
- Underwater Observatory
- Fish feeding
- Unlimited Snorkelling with all snorkelling equipment
- Complimentary tea, coffee and drinking water all day
- Hot/Cold Tropical Smorgasbord Lunch
Kuranda Train & Skyrail Includes:
- Return Hotel transfers
- One Way Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Free time to explore Kuranda Village
- One Way Skyrail
- Self Drive option also available
- Tour is also available as Skyrail up, Train down
Day One: Reef Magic, Marine World
Reef Magic's "Marine World" is a two level stable pontoon based at Moore Reef. The Marine World site has been hand picked for its superior water clarity, biological diversity and overall quality of marine life. It is without doubt one of the most beautiful reef locations available anywhere in Australia and perfect for snorkellers.
With 5 full hours at the reef and just 90 minutes travel time, The all-weather Marine World platform offers a full range of facilities and activities onboard. Snorkel in the sheltered coral lagoon, go scuba diving (no experience necessary) or join the Marine Biologist on a Guided Snorkel safari. .
Departs Daily :
- Check in from 8:15am at the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street
- Daily at 9:00am from the Cairns Marlin Jetty returning at 5:00pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included, however can be added at an additional fee
08:00-08:30: Make your way to the Reef Fleet Terminal and check in at the Reef Magic
09:00: Depart Marlin Jetty Cairns. Travel time is only 90 minutes direct from Cairns on a fast stable motor catamaran
10:30: Arrive at Marine World on the Outer Reef - Reef duration: 5 hours. Lunch is served and Reef Activities commence. Crew will provide some handy tips on the correct use of snorkelling equipment and then help fit you with a mask, snorkel and fins so you can take to the water with confidence (all included in the cruise price).
Included in your day is also a range of activities and facilities for the non-swimmer or for those simply wanting to take time out of the water and experience the reef from a different perspective. Through large viewing windows Reef Magic's air conditioned Semi Submersible provides a divers perspective of the reef without getting wet. Glide through coral gardens & along the edge of coral drop off’s while spotting colourful reef fish, schools of larger Trevally, Red Bass, Hump Headed Parrot Fish and maybe even a turtle or friendly reef shark.
Similar to the experience of snorkelling the open-air Glass Bottom Boat is smaller and more manoeuvrable than the Semi-Submersible allowing your guide to hover over beautiful coral gardens, giant clams, schools of colourful reef fish and more! Tours last around 30 minutes and include a running commentary.
Marine World underwater reef viewing observatory is open for you to walk through at any time of the day. Watch the Introductory Scuba Divers head off from the moon pool.
15:30: Depart Marine World
17:00: Arrive back in Cairns
Day Two: Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail
Travel to Kuranda, the Village in the Rainforest on board the Kuranda Scenic Rail. Enjoy free time in Kuranda to wander through the Kuranda Markets and indulge in the alternative lifestyle that Kuranda provides before returning on the Skyrail.
- 08:35am Coach transfer to Freshwater Station
- 09:45am Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Arrive in Kuranda at approx 11:15am
- Free time to Explore Kuranda
- 3:30pm return by Skyrail
- 500pm Coach transfer to your accommodation
- Kuranda Scenic Railway: Wind through tunnels and over bridges, through Rainforest on this magnificent journey, passing Stoney Creek and Barron Falls.
- Kuranda Village: Wander through the picturesque Village in the Rainforest. Kuranda features numerous attractions such as the butterfly sanctuary, a colourful bird aviary, koala park, walking tracks and a diverse range of markets, shops, cafes and restaurants
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Glide over the canopy of pristine World Heritage Rainforest with stops at Barron Falls and Red Peak Stations before returning to Cairns.
Optional Upgrades (extra cost):
- Gold Class Train: Experience another level of comfort on the Kuranda Scenic Rail. Your upgrade includes drinks, nibbles, individual seating and larger picture windows. Only available on 09:45am or 3:30pm Train.
- Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes. (extra cost)
Located a short drive from Kuranda, Rainforestation will take you on a cruise through forest waterways on a World War II amphibious army duck.
Transfers are not included on the Reef Magic day, but can be added for an additional fee
Kuranda Tour is unguided and does not include lunch.
Kuranda can also be Skyrail up, Train Down
Kuranda Self drive does not include return hotel transfers, however does include a one way transfer between Skyrail and Freshwater Station.
Tour can operate in reverse and does not need to be on consecutive days.
Accommodation not included.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Reef Magic & Kuranda Videos (15)
Reef Magic Cruises Outer Great Barrier Reef
Kuranda Train and Skyrail with Downunder Tours
Skyrail Cairns - Rainforest Cableway
Kuranda Scenic Railway
Skyrail Video - Red Peak Station
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Barron Falls Station
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Kuranda Train including Skyrail attraction and tour
Australian Wildlife at Koala Gardens, Kuranda
Rainforestation Nature Park Kuranda - 1 min promo video
Birdworld Kuranda, Queensland Australia
Reef Magic & Kuranda Rates
2 DAY COMBO
-OUTER REEF DAY TRIP -MARINE WORLD PONTOON -SEMI-SUBMARINE -GLASS BOTTOM BOAT -SNORKELLING, LUNCH -5 HOURS ON THE REEF -KURANDA SCENIC RAIL -SKYRAIL CABLEWAY -FREE TIME IN KURANDAStay between now and 31/March/2016
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2016|
|2 Day Package - Option 2||PACKAGE|
|Reef Magic & Skyrail + Train (Self drive)||$289|
|Reef Magic & Train + Skyrail||$302|
|Reef Magic & Skyrail + Train Gold Class||$356|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|
CALL US AND SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR LOCAL CONSULTANTS FOR
EXCELLENT PERSONALISED SERVICE AND LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
FREECALL: 1800 663 396
INTERNATIONAL CALLERS: +617 40402100