Tropical Reef & Rainforest
BREAKFAST DAILY | 5 HOURS FREE INTERNET
GREAT BARRIER REEF CRUISE - 2 OUTER REEFS
CAPE TRIBULATION - DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
Tropical Reef & Rainforest Options
|Tropical Reef & Rainforest|
Tropical Reef & Rainforest Info
TROPICAL REEF & RAINFOREST PACKAGE combines tropical central accommodation with 3 popular reef & rainforest tours. It provides excellent value for a 5 night getaway to the tropics.
Package Highlights & Inclusions:
- 5 Nights Studio Room at Bay Village
- Continental Breakfast daily
- Complimentary 5 hours wireless internet
- Free drink when dining at Bayleaf restaurant
- Outer Barrier Reef daytrip
- Snorkelling & Glass Bottom Boat tour
- Kuranda Train & Skyrail daytrip
- Kuranda Village
- Daintree & Cape Tribulation daytrip
- Wildlife Habitat Sanctuary
- Daintree River Cruise
DAY 1 - Arrive into Cairns, check into BAY VILLAGE
Bay Village Studio rooms are very comfortable and spacious. This a resort style property has lovely gardens and is within easy walking distance to the Cairns waterfront and City.
Included in your stay:
- 5 nights in a Studio
- Continental breakfast daily between 6:30am and 9:30am
- 5 hours FREE use of wireless internet
- FREE drink when dining at Bayleaf
Studio Rooms feature:
- Serviced daily
- Queen and 1x single bed
- Kitchenette with microwave, mini fridge, toaster, tea & coffee making facilities
- Air Conditioning and ceiling fans
- Ensuite with shower
- Free car parking
- Fully Licensed Restaurant - Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Guest Laundry
- BBQ area
- Outdoor swimming pool
DAY 2: OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP
Visit two outer reef locations on the Great Barrier Reef onboard Osprey V.
Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal at 7:30am, commence boarding at 8:00am, vessel departs Cairns at 8:30am. This trip returns to Cairns at 5:00pm.
Bay Village is an easy 20 minute walk to the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Fast trip to and from the reef onboard Osprey V (35m vessel taking up to 100 passengers)
- Visit two spectacular reef locations (Norman, Saxon, Hastings Reef and are chosen by the skipper on the day of travel to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to prevailing weather conditions)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages, cold meat selection and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- Complimentary morning tea - tea, coffee and biscuits
- Complimentary glass of wine and Cheese & fruit platter on return journey
- Large sundeck and saloon
- Live musical entertainment onboard on return journey
- 5 hours of snorkelling or diving (additional cost for diving)
- Free guided snorkelling tours
- Snorkelling gear & floatation devices
- Free 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you decide to proceed)
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Coral viewing tour
- Environmental Management Charge
- Hotel transfers
- Intro/Certified Diving/ Heli flights/Snorkel Scooters
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks
DAY 3: KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 7:25am Hotel pick-up from Bay Village
- 8.45am - Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
- Free time in Kuranda
- 2.15pm - Return by Skyrail from Kuranda
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- 4pm - Transfer to hotel arriving back around 4:30pm
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: There is plenty of free time in Kuranda for you to explore the village. The markets are open 7 days a week, giving you the chance to see the local arts and crafts and pick up a souvenir!
The attractions are many and varied including Birdworld, The Butterfly Sanctuary and the Koala Gardens. You could also enjoy a river cruise or enjoy lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants in the village (extra charges).
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins.
- Entrance fees into attractions such as Birdworld, Butterfly Sanctuary, Koala Gardens or lunch. These can be purchased whilst in Kuranda.
Train Gold Class upgrade:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
DAY 4: DAINTREE & CAPE TRIB SAFARI
Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery and adventure exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park with The Adventure Company.
Includes return hotel transfers.
From Cairns at 7:05am. Return back to Bay Village between 6-6:30pm.
Inclusions & Highlights:
• Coastal Drive – Travel to Port Douglas on one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia. Have your camera ready for breath taking views.
• Rainforest Habitat – 1 hour to visit the award winning Rainforest Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and beautiful native animals. You have a chance to have morning tea with the birds (optional extra), hand feed a Kangaroo and see a Koala doing what they do best…..sleeping!
• Mossman Gorge - Enjoy a brief stop (1 hour) and guided rainforest walk. See the crystal clear waters of Mossman River cascade over spectacular boulder formations amongst the lush rainforest.
• Alexandria Lookout – The perfect location to view where the Daintree Rainforest, Daintree River and the Coral Sea merge into one spectacular panoramic reflection. Ideal spot for those post card photo opportunities.
• Lunch Time – Only meters from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a Chef prepared lunch. Indulge in a set menu choice of local barramundi (fish), Steak and a Vegetarian option all served with a fresh garden salad & chips, daily baked bread finished off with a tropical fruit platter to share at your table. Bring your towel & swimmers for a dip in the resort pool or in the ocean (marine stingers are present during the stinger season Oct to June).
• Cape Tribulation Beach – Already there for the lunch break you now have free time for a walk along the full length of the magical Cape Tribulation Bay (takes 30min unguided) or simply kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”!
• Daintree River Wildlife Cruise – Your journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat and retrieve knowledge and tales of the area from a local naturalist guide.
• Rex Lookout – On the return trip back to Cairns, stop briefly at Rex’s Lookout. A popular spot for tourist’s to take scenic photos of the coast line and out to Green Island. It’s also a popular spot for dare devil hang gliders to enjoy the uplifting sea breeze.
** Depending on the numbers on the day you will be travelling in either a very large 4WD vehicle or a coaster bus with 4WD capabilities.
DAY 5 : Free days to explore Cairns
DAY 6: Check out of Bay Village Tropical Retreat, depart Cairns
PLEASE NOTE: Return Transfers from your accommodation are not included on Reef Cruise, but are included on Kuranda and Cape Trib. The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
Tropical Reef & Rainforest Videos (4)
Tropical Reef & Rainforest Rates
- 5 NIGHTS STUDIO - BREAKFAST DAILY - 5 HOURS INTERNET - BARRIER REEF CRUISE - DAINTREE TOUR - CROC CRUISE - KURANDA TRAIN - SKYRAILStay between now and 31/March/2014
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2014|
|Tropical Reef & Rainforest||PACKAGE|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rainforest | 1 Adult||$1051|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rain | 1 Adult 1 Child||$1310|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rainforest | 2 Adults||$1452|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rainforest | 1 Ad 2 Ch||$1769|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rain | 2 Adults 1 Child||$1911|
|5 nt Tropical Reef & Rainforest | 3 Adults||$2053|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|
CALL US AND SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR LOCAL CONSULTANTS FOR
EXCELLENT PERSONALISED SERVICE AND LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
FREECALL: 1800 663 396
INTERNATIONAL CALLERS: +617 40402100