Rose Gums Retreat Info
Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat is situated on the coastal mountain ranges on the Cairns Highlands/Atherton Tablelands adjoining
World Heritage Wooroonooran National Park is a comfortable 1.5 hours drive from Cairns.
Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat is a unique nature lover’s paradise where the cool tropical climate is enhanced by the pole & timber treehouse accommodation with views to the spectacular rainforest and mountain scenery. Offering total privacy guests can explore the walking tracks through the 230 acre property, and discover platypus in the pristine rainforest creeks with the abundant wildlife including over 160 bird species.
This is a relaxed family owned and run property which welcomes children. There are only 3x Studios and 6x Two bedroom handcrafted pole & timber treehouses.
The treehouses are designed to blend into the tropical environment, and have spectacular mountain or rainforest views over the highest mountain in Queensland, Mt Bartle Frere (1615 metres) and surrounding World Heritage listed wilderness.
All accommodation features:
- Large spa bath
- Separate shower cubicle
- Wood burning fireplace
- Self-contained kitchen with full size fridge/freezer, Convection microwave oven, cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils
- Private balcony with amazing views
- King (zip) size beds offering double or twin bedding configuration
- TV/DVD/CD/clock radio
- Games/magazines/bird book
- Covered carport
- Laundry with washing machine/dryer, iron & ironing board
- All linen, towels, bathrobes & bathroom amenities
- Complimentary breakfast hamper (1st morning only)
- BBQ (gas)
- Ceiling Fans
- Servicing every 3 days
- Tennis Court (raquets & balls are available)
- Landscaped gardens
- Restaurant onsite
- National Parklands and Walking tracks near by
- Car Parking
- Binoculars/CD/DVD/Book Library available at reception
- Conference Centre for up to 30 attendees, full facilities
- Birdwatching / bush walking tours with Jon at Rose Gums –bookings essential
For the first morning includes bacon, eggs, bread, butter, jams, organic yoghurt, cereal, muesli, milk, sachets of coffee, tea & sugar, ground coffee with plunger & tim tams!
- 1.5 hours drive to Cairns
- 15 minutes drive to Malanda
- 20 minutes drive to Yungaburra
- 10 minutes drive to Lake Eacham
- 15 minutes drive to Lake Barrine
- 2 hours drive to Port Douglas
Stay for at least two nights, there is plenty to do: visit Lake Tinaroo which is popular for fishing, canoeing and water skiing, the Crater Lakes are great to swim in and walk around and you will find nearby waterfalls and giant trees of botanical wonder. There are also many quaint towns and attractions of interest on the Tablelands including local markets.
Situated on the coastal mountain ranges on the Atherton Tablelands adjoining World Heritage Wooroonooran National Park.
Weekends have a 2 night minimum stay.
Easter & Christmas have a 3 night minimum stay
Check-in from 2pm - Check-out 11am
Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat and Jabiru Safari Lodge (4 nights and 5 days)
• 2 nights at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat in a studio treehouse
• Breakfast hamper daily presented in your treehouse
• Dinner each night at Rose Gums in Leaf Restaurant (a la carte menu)
• 2 nights at Jabiru Safari Lodge in Deluxe Tented Accommodation
• All meals at Jabiru Safari Lodge – Continental Breakfast and Dinner on the Lagoon Deck overlooking Clancy’s Lagoon
• Lunch included but not on day of arrival or departure
• Daily Wildlife Safari – 1 safari per accommodation night
• Membership of the Wildlife Conservancy of Tropical Queensland
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
We loved staying at Rose Gums Wilderness
We loved staying at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat. The managers are fantastic.
Posted By Helen Hanson
best place to stay
Without a doubt the best place to stay on the Tablelands. If you want peace and quiet this is the place to stay.
Posted By Anthony Osborn
Great experience for all but especially for visitors from overseas. Very peaceful perfect for total r & r.
Posted By Tablelands Enthusiast
Rose Gums Retreat Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.