Budget Cape Trib & Waterfalls Info
2 DAY CAPE TRIB & WATERFALLS COMBO
The budget 2 Day Cape Trib & Waterfalls combo offers a fun filled adventure to the oldest Rainforest in the world and a day exploring the pristine Waterfalls of the Atherton Tablelands.
What makes it great?
- Experience beautiful beaches & pristine Rainforest
- Croc Cruise & wildlife spotting
- Swim in pristine freshwater creeks
- View amazing waterfalls
- Excellent Value for money
Cape Tribulation Includes:
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns
- Mossman Gorge
- Morning Tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided walk at Marrdja OR Jindalba Boardwalk
- Cape Trib Beach
- Daintree Ice-Cream Company (Time Permitting)
- Daintree River Crocodile/Wildlife Cruise
- Afternoon Tea
- Rex Range Lookout
Tablelands & Waterfalls Includes:
- Local Rainforest Guide
- Return Cairns hotel transfers
- Babinda Boulders
- Josephine Falls
- Morning Tea
- Millaa Millaa Falls
- Malanda Environmental Park
- Tree Kangaroo spotting
- Atherton Tablelands
- Curtain Fig Tree
- Platypus Spotting
- Lake Eacham
- Crawfords Lookout
Departures from Cairns Hotels:
- Cape Trib: Departs daily 7:00am - 7:00pm
- Tablelands: Departs 7:45am - 7:00pm
- Tablelands: Departs Tuesday, Thursday & Sundays
- Tours do not need to be taken on consecutive days
- You can upgrade to include lunch on Cape Trib Day
- Please bring money for lunch OR a packed lunch on Tablelands Day
- Cape Trib tour operates via Port Douglas and also picks / drops off overnight passengers at Cape Trib accommodation
What to Bring:
- Swimming costumes & towel
- Money for lunch OR a packed lunch (Tablelands)
- Walking shoes
- Change of clothes and a smile!
- Your tour commences with a pick up at your Cairns Hotel. Travel along stunning coastline in a comfortable air-conditioned bus to your first stop Mossman Gorge. The gorge is a magical location for a refreshing swim with time after for morning tea.
- Heading North, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and enter the ancient Rainforest of Cape Tribulation and the Daintree National Park. Stop at the Alexandra Range Lookout, and take in the views . Travel north to the Marrdja OR Jindalba Boardwalks and venture back in time. Walk through pristine rainforest that has been left untouched for millions of years.
- It is time for a picnic lunch at Cape Trib Beach day use area (weather permitting). After lunch take a walk on the stunning Cape Tribulation Beach – where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'.
- Head back towards the Daintree River via the Daintree Ice-Cream Company. (Time Permitting & eaten on the bus, at your own cost). Once you reach the Daintree River It's Croc spotting time! Your adventure takes you through the domain of the large elusive Crocodile. Lookout for Pythons, Butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise. Everyone will have afternoon tea at this time.
- On the way home via Port Douglas, stop at Rex Range lookout before arriving back in Cairns at about 6.30pm.
- Your day commences as you journey south of Cairns to Babinda Boulders. Babinda Boulders is a popular swimming hole and picnic area for locals and tourists, and a place of spiritual significance for Aboriginal people. Learn about the Aboriginal significance of this area before a short 1.3km, return walk to the Devil's Pool to two viewing platforms. View the creek as it cascades down a series of spectacular waterfalls, granite boulders and washpools.
- From here journey further south to Josephine Falls - a picturesque waterfall fed by rains falling on Queensland’s highest mountain, Bartle Frere. A track will lead you through tropical rainforest, to viewing decks overlooking the Josephine Creek and Falls. Below the falls are several swimming holes surrounded by boulders and a popular water slide down a smooth sloping rock face between pools. Remember to bring your swimmers for a very refreshing swim only if it is safe to do so. Your Guide will decide on the day.
- Travel onto the Atherton Tablelands via the Palmerston Highway to Millaa Millaa Falls, stopping at Crawford Lookout on the way. Millaa Millaa Falls is a magnificent waterfalls surrounded by lush rainforest. The falls cascade perfectly to a pristine waterhole below where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the cool water. It is one of the most photographed in all of Australia, so make sure you bring your camera!
Stop for lunch at Millaa Millaa or Malanda (BYO or purchase).
- As you head into Malanda, visit the Malanda Environmental Park located on the out-skirts of Malanda. Also visit the famous Curtain Fig Tree. Here the raised platforms give you a great photo opportunity. You will go platypus spotting before arriving at Lake Eacham in the late afternoon.
- Following this will be a visit to Lake Eacham which is an extinct volcanic crater lake filled with cool, clean, crystal clear water, surrounded by 1200acres of lush tropical highland rainforest. You can enjoy a quiet swim in still water, and/or do some bird spotting or just enjoy a peaceful time here.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Tablelands was fantastic
the cape trib was poor but the tablelands was fantastic it was the tour guide that makes the differents.
Posted By Jenni Merriman
Budget Cape Trib & Waterfalls Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 2 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.