INSTANT BOOKING OPTIONS
Chillagoe Outback Tour Info
Chillagoe Caves & Outback including Granite Gorge and Aboriginal Rock Art. Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned operator. Custom built 4WD vehicles with a maximum 16 passengers per vehicle. Naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
- Return Cairns hotel transfers
- Environmentalist driver guide
- High clearance, custom built, air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Maximum 16 passengers
- Morning Tea
- Tropical Fruit Tasting
- Delicious Aussie Pub Lunch
- Chillagoe Cave tour
- Visit Chillagoe Smelters
- Aboriginal Rock Art
- Balancing Rock
- Granite Gorge
Chillagoe Cave Tour
National Park Ranger guided. The fossilized remains of the ancient coral reefs with hidden limestone labyrinths give a portal to a lost world. Millions of years in the making, the limestone formations are nothing short of spectacular.
Delve into the history of the copper smelters. Visit the remains of the once mighty smelters to ponder what it was like working there
Board the custom built 4WD vehicle and travel through wetlands and agriculturally rich and fertile tablelands, before crossing over the Great Divide and into the Western watershed. Take a step back in time as you travel through historical towns such as Dimbulah. Rolling hills rich in minerals eventually give way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe Township.
- Aussie style morning tea at Dimbulah.
- Copper smelters dominate the western horizon at Chillagoe.
- Wonderful lunch at a genuine historical Australian Outback Pub.
- Spectacular guided Chillagoe Cave tour. See the fossilized remains of the ancient coral reefs some 400-420 million years old and the hidden limestone labyrinths.
- Visit Aboriginal Rock Art and Balancing Rock.
- If time permits visit a unique gift shop.
- Tropical fruit tasting platter for afternoon tea.
- Visit Granite Gorge and hand feed wallabies.
About Billy Tea Bush Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned tour operator, which operates small personalised tours with custom built 4WD vehicles, and your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure your day will be a memory of a life time.
Departs Cairns: Mon, Wed & Fri at 7:00am, returning at approx 6:30pm
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves.
- Please ensure that you wear appropriate closed in footwear for the cave tour. No thongs or high heels on this tour.
- The tour may be closed or itinerary changed due to the wet season where conditions may close roads and access to the caves.
Was a great day out!
Was a great day out and the Chillagoe cave tour was something just right for the hot and humide climate.
Posted By Rosina Tauschmann
heaps of wildlife
wonderful day. heaps of wildlife. wetlands cruise was also great
Posted By Carmel Brown
Very small 4WD group on the day making for a personal, friendly tour with excellent guide. Plenty to see - a very full day.
Posted By Maureen Berry
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.