2 Day Reef Magic & Kuranda Info
Cairns Highlights - Perfect for families! 2 Day Reef & Rainforest Adventure Combo includes a full day with Reef Magic Marine World Outer Barrier Reef Cruise including Semi-Submarine, Glass Bottom boat tour & unlimited snorkelling, followed by a daytrip to Kuranda including the Kuranda Train, Skyrail, Butterfly Sanctuary and Rainforestation Nature Park with Aboriginal dance show, Boomerang throwing, Didgeridoo, Koalas, Snakes, lunch both days and more...
Reef Magic Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon
Glass Bottom Boat
Tropical Buffet lunch both days
Rainforestation Nature Park
Pamagirri Aboriginal dancers
Koala & Wildlife Park
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Day 1 - Reef Magic Marine World:
Marine World pontoon on the Outer Reef offers a full range of facilities and activities on-board. The pontoon is a large stable structure based at Moore Reef with extensive undercover and seating areas.
What makes it Great?
- 5 hours at Marine Word reef activity platform
- FREE Semi Submarine coral viewing tours
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tours
- Great Barrier Reef presentation by Marine Biologist
- Fish feeding and identification with Marine Biologist
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for non-swimmers
- Excellent snorkelling
- Plenty of room on pontoon
- Wheelchair accessible
Included in your day:
- Semi-Submarine & Glass Bottom Boat
- Marine Biologist presentations
- Underwater reef viewing observatory
- Infant safety swimming enclosure
- Dedicated snorkel supervisor
- Unlimited snorkelling with all snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Wet suit or Lycra Suit
- Hot/cold tropical buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Filtered drinking water
- FREE Wi-Fi on-board Reef Magic
- German and French speaking crew on-board daily
08:00-08:30: Check-in inside Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, at the Reef Magic counter
09:00: Depart Cairns Marlin Jetty, fast 90 minute vessel transfer direct to the Outer Reef
10:30: Arrive at the Marine World Outer Reef activity platform
5 hours activity time at the reef
15:30: Depart the reef and return to Cairns
17:00: Return back to Cairns Marlin Jetty
Hotel Transfers are not included, however can be added at an additional fee
- Trip can take up to 200 people
- Spacious Sundeck with lounges and shaded areas
- Infants safety swimming enclosure
- Change Rooms, fresh water rinse showers
- German & French Speaking Crew daily
- Introductory Diving
- Certified Diving
- Helmet Dive
- Guided snorkelling tours
- Adventure Snorkel Safari
- Heli Flights
- Souvenirs & drinks from the bar
- Fully qualified on board massage therapist
- Prescription Lense Magnification 1.5 to -8 | $5 hire ($100 refundable deposit)
- Dive/Snorkel photographer (prints from $15)
- Lockers for personal items ($2/locker)
SEABOB: Experience one of the most exciting and adrenaline-packed ways to see the Great Barrier Reef on SEABOB. The SEABOB is an electric powered jet that helps you manoeuvre while you are snorkelling on the Outer Reef. SEABOB is very easy to use with simple body control and is environmentally friendly with and an almost silent operation mode.
• Scuba-style experience to a depth of 3m without getting your head wet! Suitable for the non-swimmer.
Guided Snorkel Tours: approx 30 minutes
• Perfect for the beginner snorkeller. Join the Marine Naturalist in small groups and learn more about the reef.
• Explore sheltered coral lagoon with expert snorkelling assistance and instruction available at all times.
Adventure Snorkel Safari: approx 50 minutes
• Suitable for snorkellers who are comfortable in the water, you have the opportunity to explore even further utilising a dedicated snorkel boat.
• Drift snorkel the spectacular outer reef wall with a Marine Biologist. The extensive coral formations and huge schools of fish have to be seen to be believed
• Spectacular scenic helicopter flight from Moore Reef Pontoon
• Courtesy transfers ex Cairns and Northern Beaches
• Marine World cruise with scenic helicopter flight to or from Marine World ex Cairns. 1 way Heli, 1 way catamaran. Approx 25 min flight.
• Accurate passenger weights are requested at time of booking for all helicopter passengers.
• Professional dive guide, All equipment, wet suit & use of dedicated dive tender vessel. Up to 3 uniquely different dives in a day
• No experience necessary. All equipment provided.
PLEASE NOTE: Dive Conditions
All diving is subject to successful completion of an on-board medical questionnaire. Certain medical conditions (ie: asthma) and some
medications may exclude individuals from diving. The minimum legal age for diving is 12 years. All divers under 18 years of age must have
parent/guardian consent. Certified Divers must produce Certification Card. Please note, it is recommended to leave at least 12-24 hours
between diving & flying with the time period dependant on depth, duration and number of dives.
What to bring:
- Swimmers, towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Cash/credit for on-board purchases.
Day 2: Train, Butterfly Sanctuary, Rainforestation & Skyrail
Day 2: Train, Butterfly Sanctuary, Rainforestation & Skyrail
Return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach and Palm Cove) and Port Douglas included commencing approx 8am and returning 5:30pm to Cairns, 6pm Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Butterfly Sanctuary
- Free time to Explore Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park includes:
- Tropical BBQ buffet Lunch
- Army Duck
- Pamagirri Aboriginal dancers
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
08:30am - Kuranda Scenic Railway: Wind through tunnels and over bridges on this magnificent journey, passing Stoney Creek and Barron Falls.
10:15am - Arrive Kuranda Railway Station: Your Driver Guide will meet you and direct you to your coach, which will transfer you to the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary for your tour.
10:30am - Australian Butterfly Sanctuary: Marvel at the largest butterfly flight aviary in the country, with a guided tour through the landscaped gardens. View hundreds of butterflies including the famous electric Blue Ulysses and Australia’s largest butterfly, the Cairns Birdwing.
Kuranda Village: Wander through the picturesque Village in the Rainforest. Markets operate daily. Any other entries or expenditures in Kuranda Village are at own expense.
11:45am - Rainforestation Nature Park: Please meet at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary for your transfer to Rainforestation and experience:
Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard: Travel deep into the rainforest on both land and water as your guide explains different species of flora and fauna.
Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience: Watch the Pamagirri Dancers and join the Dreamtime Walk - learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
BBQ Lunch: Enjoy a delicious hot buffet and a wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Koala & Wildlife Park: Join a guided tour, and see crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a koala or holding a small crocodile (optional extra).
3:45pm - Transfer to Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Terminal. The 7.5km Skyrail journey takes 30 – 40 minutes, however we recommend you spend time at the two stations enroute: Red Peak Station and Barron Falls Station.
5:15pm - Your coach will be at the Skyrail Smithfield Terminal to transfer you to your accommodation
Days can be taken in either order and do not need to be consecutive
Northern Beaches /Port Douglas operates in Reverse. (Skyrail up / Train down)
Coach transfers included for rainforest day and extra cost for reef day
We had a great day, very nice personal as the bus driver and also on the train. personal and food at the ranger station top! And not to forget...
Riding the Duck!
Posted By Ed Visser
Trip of a lifetime
Trip of a lifetime, loved every minute. Can now cross off my bucket list.
Posted By Linda Wilkie
2 Day Reef Magic & Kuranda Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.