Ocean Safari Info
Ocean Safari is a great way to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef by snorkelling two pristine reef locations off the Daintree Coast of Cape Tribulation, in just half a day.
This half day eco certified tour departs Cape Tribulation daily and allows for a minimum of two hours to explore this precious underwater world!
The vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines. The experienced Skipper and Eco Host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side.
What makes it Great?
- Only 25 minutes to the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit 2 reef locations
- Maximum 25 passengers
- Advanced Ecotourism certified
- Family operated and owned
- Morning: 9:00am returning at 12:30 pm
- Afternoon: 1pm returning at 4:30pm (operates during peak season)
- Check in and meeting point is The Turtle Rock Café (previously known as the Boardwalk Café), Cape Tribulation Rd, Cape Tribulation.
- Visit 2 reef sites - Mackay and Undine Reefs
- 2 hours snorkelling
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins) and tuition
- Reef Interpretation talks and eco-appreciation presentations
- Courtesy coach transfers from Cape Tribulation accommodation
- Environmental Management Charge
- Lunch is not included however light refreshments are available for sale on the vessel.
- Wet Suits can be hired on the day of travel for $8
- Prescription masks can be hired on the day of travel for $15
- Sites are weather and tide permitting.
Small boat and small group of participant that we can have more time and chances to touch the beautiful ocean. Two guys on the boat provide intensive caring of us. Fantastic voyage.
Posted By KWOK YIP LEUNG
higlight of our stay
This was a really good day and a higlight of our stay. The crew and organisation were excellent. They were also very good with the kids which we really appreciated.
Posted By Lyzette Piazza
had a fabulous time on the reef
Lovely well-mannered and well-organised crew from those on shore to those on the boat.
I always felt safe and informed and had a fabulous time on the reef.
Posted By Mary Nacey
Conditions were probably marginal; it was raining when we arrived and as we set off, the sea was choppy, the sky overcast and fairly windy. And it stayed like that for the whole time we were out. Thank goodness for the wetsuits. Still, what a great trip. The Ocean Safari guys were ultra professional, entertaining and knowledgeable, and gave us first-time snorkelers plenty of time and advice. Excellent adventure. Recommended.
Posted By PMNZ
excellent aray of fish and coral
Really enjoyed the snorkling, managed to see quite alot - Turtles, Mantaray, Sting Rays, and an excellent aray of fish and coral! The guides for the day were excellent and very informative.
Posted By Nichola Brabazon
Ocean Safari Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2020
|Afternoon: 1:00pm - 4:30pm||$149||$97||$447||Book|
|Morning: 9:00am - 12:30pm||$149||$97||$447||Book|
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from 01 April 2020 until 31 March 2021
|Afternoon: 1:00pm - 4:30pm||$154||$99||$459||Book|
|Morning: 9:00am - 12:30pm||$154||$99||$459||Book|
Child Age = 2-14 years
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 13 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.