Ballooning & Green Island in one day
Ballooning & Green Island in one day
1 Day Ballooning & Green Island
- Breathtaking Hot Air Ballooning
- Snorkel or Glass Bottom Boat
Inc. all levies & taxes
Ballooning & Green Island in one day Info
1 Day Ballooning & Green Island Adventure including return hotel transfers:
After your breathtaking early morning ballooning experience over the Atherton Tablelands, settle back on Great Adventures high speed catamaran for a 45 minute journey across the Coral Sea to beautiful Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your day at a glance...
Hot Air Cairns
4.30am approx. Coach pick-up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking
5.30am approx. Hot Air balloon experience
10.15am approx. Coach transfer to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
Green Island Eco Adventure
10.30am - Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
11.15am - Arrive Green Island
2.30pm or 4.30pm - Depart Green Island
3.20pm or 5.20pm - Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal (Choose your return ferry time)
Hot Air Ballooning
Did you know that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland is the ballooning capital of the world? This is the ultimate scenic experience in the tropics! Hot Air ballooning here is a must do and truly, one of Australia’s best kept secrets. So come flying with Hot Air, this is Australia's biggest fleet of balloons where it's just like a balloon festival everyday!
Start your day by watching the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth. Following your Hot Air ballooning experience, you will be transferred to the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for your Green Island adventure.
Hot Air Balloon experience includes:
• Morning Balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands
• Coach transfers from accommodation and connection to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
After your breathtaking early morning hot air balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands, settle back on Great Adventures high speed catamaran for a 45 minute journey across the Coral Sea to experience the beautiful rainforest clad Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your day on Green Island can be as active or relaxing as you choose with 5 hours to enjoy on the island. You’ll have the choice of snorkelling equipment to snorkel directly from the white sandy beaches or a glass bottom boat tour to experience this 6000 year old coral cay.
As a Great Adventures guest, you’ll also be able to enjoy many exclusive inclusions such as the use of the island swimming pool and a self guided eco island walk to discover some of the island’s unique rainforest flora. The island’s well-appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, restaurant and refreshment outlets where you can purchase a delicious lunch or snacks.
Green Island Eco Adventure includes:
• Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
• Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
• Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkelling equipment
• Exclusive use of the island swimming pool
• Island Walk - self-guided eco Island walk
• Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
• Package ends at Marina
There’s also a wide range of optional activities in addition to your cruise fare to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, kayak or even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Tour departs Cairns: 10.30am
Returns Cairns 3.20 or 5.20pm.
Hot Air Conditions
• General Mobility: It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that passengers must be able to climb into the basket unaided, so that in the event of an emergency passengers are also able to climb out of the basket unaided.
• Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to fly prior to booking. The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon.
• The Operator will not carry passengers who have participated in a scuba dive the day before their balloon flight.
Ballooning & Green Island in one day Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 17 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.