4 night Outback, Reef & Rainforest
4 NIGHTS @ THE HOTEL CAIRNS & BREAKFAST
LUXURY GREEN ISLAND & OUTER REEF TOUR
EXPLORE CHILLAGOE CAVES & OUTBACK
4WD SAFARI TO CAPE TRIBULATION
FAR NORTH'S UNPREDICTABLE BEAUTY
4 night Outback, Reef & Rainforest Info
Visit Australia's beautiful Outback and famous Chillagoe Caves, the Great Barrier Reef & World Heritage Listed Cape Tribulation.
- 4 Nights at The Hotel Cairns
- Full Breakfast daily
- 3 full days of touring
- Chillagoe Caves and Mareeba wetlands
- Luxury Green Island & Outer Reef tour
- Semi Submarine Coral view tour
- Snorkelling on Great Barrier Reef
- 4WD Cape Tribulation Safari
- Crocodile Cruise on Daintree River
Day One: Arrive into Cairns, check into The Hotel Cairns
The Hotel Cairns is conveniently located just 10 minutes drive from the Airport, and an easy 5 minutes walking distance to The Esplanade, shops and eateries in Cairns’ CBD. The Hotel Cairns offers comfortable, classic, Queenslander style accommodation.
Hotel Facilities include:
- Restaurant open for breakfast & dinner
- Wireless internet throughout the property
- New, cardio-gymnasium
- Swimming pool and spa
- Undercover parking
- Guest laundry
Room Facilities Include:
- Air Conditioning & Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Flat Screen, Satellite TV & DVD /CD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Bathrobes & Slippers
Additionally Plantation Rooms:
Occupying the ground and first floor levels of our hotel, the 22sqm Plantation Rooms are modern, fully equipped hotel style rooms and are available in either 2 king single beds or 1 king size bed configuration. Can accommodate Maximum 2 guests.
Additionally Tower Rooms:
Located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th level of the hotel, Tower Rooms have 33sqm of living area making them ideal for longer stays. Available in either a queen size bed or the option for an extra single bed configuration.
Day Two: Chillagoe Caves and Mareeba Wetlands tour
Departs Cairns: Mon, Wed & Fri at 7:00am, returning at approx 6:30pm
Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned tour operator, which operates small personalised tours with custom built 4WD vehicles, and your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure your day will be a memory of a life time.
- Return Cairns City hotel transfers
- Environmentalist driver guide in air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Mareeba Wetlands and Jabiru Safari Lodge for morning tea and a twenty minute cruise in an environmentally friendly and quiet electric boat. Birdlife is plentiful on the wetlands.
- Chillagoe Smelters - Travel through historical towns and rolling hills rich in mineral eventually giving way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe. Here you will delve into the history of the copper smelters, whose old chimneys dominate the western horizon. Visit the remains of the once mighty smelters to ponder what it was like working there
- Delicious Aussie lunch
- Chillagoe Cave tour - The fossilized remains of the ancient coral reefs with hidden limestone labyrinths give a portal to a lost world. Millions of years in the making, the limestone formations are nothing short of spectacular.
- Mt Uncle Distillery - have the choice of a devonshire tea or a cold beer or wine (own cost), or you may wish to indulge in the liqueur or spirit tasting of some of there international award winning Spirits and Liqueurs (own cost).
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves.
- The tour may be closed or itinerary changed due to the wet season where conditions may close roads and access to the caves.
Day Three: Great Adventures Green Island & Outer Reef
Complete your Great Barrier Reef Experience with the ultimate day out by combining Green Island and the Outer Barrier Reef. Green Island is a superb coral cay with delightful sandy beaches and crystal clear waters on the Great Barrier Reef just 45 minutes from Cairns. You will have 2 hours to explore this perfect piece of paradise.
After spending time on Green Island cruise on-board a modern comfortable high-speed catamaran to the first class multi-level pontoon situated on the Outer Barrier Reef. Spend your afternoon snorkelling in the crystal clear waters, discovering exotic marine life and beautiful coral formations OR stay dry and cruise in the Semi Sub and visit the Underwater Observatory.
Departures point is within walking distance from The Hotel Cairns. Departs Reef Fleet Terminal at 8:30am returning to Cairns at 5:30pm.
Hotel coach transfers from your Cairns accommodation or Cairns Beaches accommodation are available if required at an additional charge
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection
- Two (2) hours on Green Island
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef platform
- Snorkelling equipment included at Green Island and outer reef platform
- Use of buoyancy vests at the pontoon
- Reef education presentation
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater Observatory
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey.
- Undercover seating and tables
- Full Bar Facilities
- Sun-deck with Sun-lounges
- Swimming enclosure for children
- Change rooms with freshwater showers
- Scuba diving facilities with semi-submerged platform
Day Four: Billy Tea Cape Tribulation 4wd Safari
Departs Cairns: Daily at 7:00am, returning at approx 6:30pm
- Return Cairns hotel transfers
- Environmentalist driver guide in air conditioned 4WD vehicles
- Daintree River Cable ferry crossing
- Morning Tea
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise to observe local wildlife including the Estuarine Crocodiles
- Alexandra Range lookout
- Guided National Park walks with your guide offering interesting flora and fauna interpretation
- Tropical BBQ lunch with freshly made salads
- Hand feed kanagaroos
- Go beyond Cape Tribulation and 4WD the "Bloomfield Track"
- Emmagen Freshwater Creek - You have the opportunity to take a refreshing swim. Look for fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and often Goannas on the forest floor.
- Tropical fruit tasting and a complimentary glass of white wine or savour a cup of Traditional Billy Tea
- Cape Tribulation Beach there is a little time to swim (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk where the Rainforest meets the Reef.
Day Five: Check out from The Hotel Cairns, depart Cairns refreshed and inspired.
PLEASE NOTE: Meals (except breakfast vouchers & those stated in the tours) are not included. Airport transfers are not included.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Great service from Travstar
We booked this tour through travstar. We received great service from travstar and the tour was very enjoyable.
Posted By Helen Brent-Jones
Staff and crew were all wonderful and very helpful. I loved the Scuba-do experience and also the helicopter ride back to Cairns - excellent day.
Posted By Rebecca Ford
My husband Scott and I had a fantastic day on our tour of the Green Island and Great Reef Pontoon 6/6/15. It was a full day creating fantastic memories we will treasure for a lifetime. Highlights were the parasailing at Green Island truley magestic flying above the waves looking as far as you can to the Island itself and beyond. The staff on the pontoon were quick to help make sure we were well decked out with gear for snorkeling and enouraged us to make the most of our visit in swimming with the fish. We always felt safe , the food was delicious the semi sub was awsome...thanks for the memories Cathie and Scott Jeffs
Posted By Catherine Jeffs
Dear Natalie and Gene,
Thanks for your terrific service. Both my daughter and myself really enjoyed the two trips booked through Travstar.
What I really appreciated, on perusing the so many day tour options on your website, was the very detailed description of each tour plan, with times and features and itinerary all provided. That was of great assistance.
Posted By Peter Femhel
This hotel was an older facility but nice and clean and very convenient to the esplanade, reef terminal, shopping and restaurants. It had a nice breakfast each morning included in the package, pool, and laundry facilities.
Posted By Susan Arnold
Nice place to stay
front desk always friendly and helpful
Posted By Rosemary Thibodeaux
We had a lovely room that would sleep 4 it was down on the first floor although it seemed to be on the ground we had table and chairs out on the patio. i felt we had gone on an overseas trip instead of in cairns
Posted By Carol Fitzgerald
Hotel room was very nice
The hotel room was very nice but feel they could tidy up the pool area, chairs need fixing and could do with a good sweep other wise nice. Breakfast was good.
Posted By Joanne Wyatt
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.