Cairns & Fitzroy Island Package
2 or 3 NIGHTS PULLMAN CAIRNS INTERNATIONAL
3 OR 4 NIGHTS FITZROY ISLAND RESORT
RETURN FITZROY ISLAND FERRY TRANSFERS
SUNLOVER OUTER BARRIER REEF PONTOON DAY
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT & SEMI-SUBMARINE TOUR
5 Night City & Resort Room
Show Rates FROM $1,245
5 Night City & Island Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,347
7 Night City & Resort Room
Show Rates FROM $1,458
5 Night City & Welcome Bay Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,487
5 Night Harbour & Island Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,557
7 Night Harbour & Resort Room
Show Rates FROM $1,572
5 Night City & 2 Bed Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,616
7 Night Harbour & Island Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,700
7 Night City & Island Suite
Show Rates FROM $1,892
7 Night Harbour & Beach Cabin
Show Rates FROM $2,192
7 Night City & 2 Bed Suite
Show Rates FROM $2,474
Cairns & Fitzroy Island Package Info
5, 6 or 7 night Cairns & Fitzroy Island Fun package offers a complete city, island and reef experience. Stay at the Pullman Cairns International in the heart of Cairns, with views of the city or harbour. Followed by a 3 or 4 night stay on a tropical rainforest island experience combined with a daytrip to the Outer Barrier Reef with Sunlover Cruises.
The 7 night package is by far the best value.
- Pullman Cairns International
- Free internet
- Full breakfast included
- 3 or 4 nights at Fitzroy Island Resort
- Return Ferry transfers Cairns to Fitzroy
- Sunlover Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- Breakfast not included on island
DAY 1 - Check-in Cairns Pullman International Hotel
Pullman Cairns International is a beautiful 5-star heritage-style hotel, located right in the heart of the Cairns CBD.
- 321 guest rooms
- 2 pools, plus a children’s pool
- Jacuzzi & 2x Saunas
- 24 hour reception
- Free internet
- 24 hour in room dining
- Gymnasium - features a full complement of cardio and weights equipment, plus water fountain, televisions and two saunas Open 24/7 for your convenience.
- Restaurant (Coco's Restaurant) - Famous for the nightly seafood buffet, High Tea and Sunday Brunch. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lobby Bar open from 11am
- Guest laundry (charges apply)
- Valet parking is available for $20 per day. On street parking is readily available, though is metered.
- Mii Spa: A haven of tranquillity and serenity for you to enjoy the perfect spa experience on your relaxing holiday. The spa philosophy is simple, to have you leaving Mii Spa in Cairns feeling simply wonderful. 10 stunning treatment rooms, including a couple’s room, group therapy room, unique indoor/outdoor rooms and a Vichy shower. Qualified Mii Spa therapists can help you select from a range of massage, skin therapy, facials, beauty and relaxation treatments.
- Daily Housekeeping
- 1 Queen or 2x Double Beds
- Private balcony
- Separate bath & shower
- Bathroom & amenities kit
- Executive writing desk
- Data port
- IDD telephone
- Safe deposit box (charges apply)
- Flat screen TV
- In-house movie channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Interconnecting Rooms are available on all room types.
City/Mountain View Rooms: Stunning sunset views over Cairns City and Mountain surrounds
Harbour View Rooms: Wake up in the morning to stunning views over Cairns Harbour and Trinity Inlet with our spacious Harbour View room.
Island arrival day - Check-in to Sunlover Reef Cruise.
Check-in starts from 8.30am and closes at 9.15am for a 9.30am departure from Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns
Walk to the Reef Fleet Terminal only a 5 minute stroll from the Pullman Cairns International Hotel. After a short 45 minute ferry ride from Cairns the view of Fitzroy Island Resort with it's impressive majestic mountainous backdrop will come into view. Here you can experience the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef with impressive fringing coral reefs off the island.
- Swimming Pool and spa
- Swim up pool bar
- Restaurant - breakfast lunch, and dinner
- Foxy's Bar & Cafe (live entertainment most weekends)
- Guest laundry
- BBQ area
- Souvenir and snack shop
- Kid's games/play room
- Conference/function rooms
Resort Hotel Rooms:
- Air-conditioning & Ceiling fan
- King or twin bedding
- Plasma TV
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower
- Linen and towels provided
- Iron & ironing board
- *Resort Hotel rooms do not have a balcony or view to the ocean.
Additionally Island Suites Feature:
- Kitchenette inc. microwave & toaster
- Full size fridge
- Laundry with washer and dryer
- Lounge & dining area
- Queen & sofa bed-sleeps up to 4 guests (extra 2 persons sleep on sofa bed)
- Spacious Balcony
- Shower and heated towel rails
- Ocean view suites sometimes have interrupted views or garden views
Welcome Bay Island suites have a guaranteed ocean view and are fully self-contained.
Beach Cabins are on the beachfront. They have an entry and balcony with main room and a second small bedroom for children with two single beds. These are popular with families with small children. Beach Cabins have tea/coffee making facilities.
2 bedroom Island Suite is a dual key configuration combining an Island Suite and Resort Studio room adjacent to each other connected through a common walkway. The rooms are not interconnecting and may not be suitable for families with small children.
Reef day - Sunlover Moore Reef Cruise
Depart from Fitzroy Island at 10:15am and arrive back at 4:30pm
Jump onboard Sunlover Reef Cruises that picks you up at 10:15am from the wharf on Fitzroy Island and head out the pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef. You will have 4 hours on the pontoon to experience the reef from many aspects.
- Buffet lunch including:
- fresh seafood, hot dishes
- Salads & tropical fruits
- All snorkelling equipment
- Buoyancy vest, mask and snorkel
- Glass bottom boat
- Semi-submersible vessel tours
- Unique Marine Life touch tank
- Underwater observatory
- Reef presentation
- Fish feeding
- Kids swimming enclosure - Small children can enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in the safety of an enclosed pool area. Fish can swim inside the enclosure for a true reef experience.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (charges apply and must be pre-booked):
Certified and Introductory Scuba Diving
Guided Snorkel Tours
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Free time at leisure to explore the island
Fitzroy Island is covered with magnificent rainforest and features many walking tracks ranging from a short stroll to Nudey Beach through to a more challenging hike to the Summit. The island is surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs which are teeming with marine life. The best snorkelling is off the rocks between Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach. Expect to see Turtles, tropical fish and many colourful corals. It is possible to pre-book an activities package for an additional cost that includes Snorkel Hire (1 day), Glass Bottom Boat Tour (1 hour) and Kayak (1 hour).
Departure Day - At leisure to explore the island before Ferry departs at 4:40 pm for your transfer back to Cairns. Arriving into Cairns at 5:30pm. (bag storage and change facilities are available for guests on the island)
Airport transfers not included. A taxi from airport to hotel will cost around $25 and take about 15 minutes drive.
Breakfast at Fitzroy Island is not included.
If you do not require the 2 nights at Pullman Cairns International we can amend your package accordingly when booking. Or, if you prefer to have 3 consecutive nights at the Pullman Cairns International breakfast will be included.
It is possible to confirm the reef trip on a day of your preference, including the first or last day on Fitzroy Island.
Be sure to note the restricted ferry times in this package.
First class staff in the restaurant
Lovely plus with first class staff in the restaurant
Posted By Scott Prenzler
Beautiful serene place to unwind
Have visited before and the island has had a refreshment. It a beautiful serene place to unwind and watch the tropical weather come and go.
Posted By Olympia Pauline Watson
Everything from booking to return ferry ran smoothly.
Loved the island will go back again! Everything from booking to return ferry ran smoothly.
Posted By Leanne Senior
This is our forth time to the Island
This is our forth time to the Island its beautiful we love coming back its very relaxing
Posted By Jackie Pozzebon
Most impressed with this hotel, the buffet breakfast is great. Will book again.
Posted By Lynn Mcdonald
Pullman Cairns International has the best service ever, I've been many places but this one would be to beat my
Posted By Bryan Knee
A beautiful, well-positioned hotel and super friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely recommend and look forward to staying there again next time I am in Cairns. A+
Posted By Rebecca Ford
Great Place to stay
great location in Cairns
good service and good breakfast
it would be necessary an improvement at the cleaning service
Posted By Annamaria Pasquinelli
Really impressed with the quality of service
Really impressed with the quality of service and support from staff, and how they managed so many people so well
Posted By Cate Bailey
The reef is alive
The reef is alive - total! Test it !
Posted By Thomas H
All great. The only thing that could have been improved is if the ferry staff helped offloading/onloading our bags at the Island. They did help once I asked them, though.
Posted By Chris Jameson
Excellent value package
Travstar Sunlover Fitzroy Package Reef and Transfers was excellent value for money and the service provided by all operators was fantastic. Our family of 6 (all adults) had a wonderful time. Thankyou Travstar for organizing it all!
Posted By Jenny Lamb
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 16 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.