Compass Reef & Cape Trib
VISIT 2 REEF LOCATIONS
SNORKEL THE REEF
LUNCHES INCLUDED BOTH DAYS
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
Compass Reef & Cape Trib Info
2 Day Option 1- Reef & Rainforest Package
This 2 day package is great for young travellers on a budget, and is very popular with backpackers who want to experience the best highlights of Cairns.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
- Compass Cruises outer reef trip
- Visit 2 reef locations on Great Barrier Reef
- Cape Trib Connections day tour
- Explore World Heritage Rainforest
- Daintree River Cruise
- Lunch included both days
DAY ONE - COMPASS CRUISES
Two spectacular outer reef locations - Hastings Reef or Breaking Patches Reef or Virgin Reef or Long Bommie Reef
Up to 5 hours on the Great Barrier Reef
Unlimited Snorkelling including equipment
Delicious buffet lunch
Boom Netting - Great Fun! (weather permitting)
Complimentary Tea and coffee
Wine and cheese on journey home
Environmental Management Levy
7:30am - Boarding at Marlin Jetty, Cairns
8am - Boat departure. On the way a detailed briefing on snorkelling will be given as well as a dive briefing for any passengers choosing to do a scuba dive (extra cost)
10:15am - Arrive at the first spectacular reef site where you will have the opportunity to snorkel with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clam gardens, inquisitive moray eels and huge cod.
12:30pm - Delicious chef prepared lunch
1pm - Cruise to second spectacular location. Snorkel through forests of corals, large sea fans and black coral trees yielding some 400 species of coral in its shallow lagoons.
3pm - Boomnetting! Just before departure you will have the chance to try your hand at hanging off the back of the boat on the specially designed boomnet!
3:30-4pm - Depart Great Barrier Reef with a glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits.
5:30pm - Return Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- Board at the Marlin Marina (A Finger) at 07:30am, the vessel departs at 08:00am and arrives back into Cairns approx 5:30pm.
- Return hotel transfers in a 21 seater air-conditioned coach
- Mossman Gorge - crystal clear waters, surrounded by lush rainforest - a magical location for a refreshing swim and morning tea.
- Cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and enter the ancient Rainforest of Cape Tribulation and the Daintree National Park
- Alexandra Range Lookout - birds-eye view of the Daintree River, Port Douglas and on a clear day, landmarks South of Cairns
- Marrdja or Jindalba Boardwalk [Guided] where you can experience ancient rainforest
- Picnic lunch at Cape Trib Beach day use area (weather permitting).
- Cape Tribulation Beach - take a walk along the stunning beach where 'the rainforest meets the reef'
- Daintree Ice Cream Company for a chance to buy a tropical fruit ice cream (time permitting and extra cost).
- Daintree River - 1 hour Crocodile / Wildlife Cruise - domain of the large Estuarine Crocodiles. Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river where crocodiles wait patiently for a meal.
- Afternoon tea
- On the way home via Port Douglas, stop at Rex Range lookout before arriving back in Cairns after an exciting day
- Departs daily from Cairns Hotels: approx 7:30am
- Returns approx 6:30pm
- Cape Trib tour - Due to daily conditions the order of itinerary is subject to change.
GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Reef Quest and Cape Trib
This is my first day at the office back home in Austria/Vienna!! The Reef and Cape Tribulation were wonderful (except the weather on the reef). The tour guide on the Cape Trib tour on Saturday was absolutely excellent and he knows a lot about your beautiful country. I enjoyed both days very much and I am sure I will come back!
Kind regards from the other side of the world!
Posted By Brigitte Koudela
We had a great time
Our driver/guide George was friendly and helpful, We had a great time.
Posted By Mario
Cape Trib connections tours was very good value for money.
Cape Trib connections tours was very good value for money. George our driver guide was very informative and kept the crowd well engaged during the day. The only draw back was we had only 60 mins to have lunch and spend time at the Cap Tribulation beach.
Posted By Ramesh Ramanathan
Our guide, George, was very knowledgable and entertaining. First Class.
Posted By Angela Waldron
A terrific day.
The driver and guide for the day(George) was excellent. A terrific day.
Posted By Neil Rogers
Compass is the best
Excellent value for money with friendly and helpful staff.
Posted By Robyn Bell
The day was made by your friendly, crowd pleasing team, excellent catering and attention to safety.
Posted By Noel & Jenny Holmes
Worth every penny
The crew was so fun and friendly, the locations were spectacular, and I even got to drive the boat for a bit. Worth every penny, so glad we picked Compass!!
Posted By Madeline Shepard
Excellent service and experience
Excellent service and experience. Also very flexible with last minute bookings. Great team, highly recommended.
Posted By Balazs Gyorgy
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 18 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.