Evolution Reef, Barron Raft, Cape Trib
SNORKEL 2 REEF LOCATIONS
BARRON RAFT | GRADE 3 RAPIDS
2 HOURS OF RAFTING
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
Evolution Reef, Barron Raft, Cape Trib Info
3 day Option 10 - Evolution Outer Reef, Barron River 1/2 day Rafting & Cape Tribulation full day tour:
The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days. Please let us know if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
DAY 1: EVOLUTION - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!! First launched 31st December 2015.
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine,cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Live onboard entertainment on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi Submersible tour $10 if prebooked or $20 on the day of travel
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Guided Dives $10 per dive
- Wetsuits for Snorkellers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli flights
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
DAY 2: BARRON RIVER WHITE WATER RAFTING
The half day white water rafting on the Barron River includes approximately 2 hours of White Water Rafting.
Afternoon Departures only - Pick-up from your Cairns or Northern Beaches hotel included. Departs daily 2:00pm (returns approx 6:00pm)
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 2 hours of white water rafting
- Guaranteed water levels all year round
- All tuition - no experience necessary
- Accommodation transfers
- Complimentary tea & coffee at the end of your rafting trip
- $30 National parks fees
The Barron River is perfect for anyone who has never tried White Water Rafting or those looking for an afternoon of fun. Your guide will take you on an eco-adventure through the Barron Gorge National Park aboard your 8 person inflatable raft, tackling grade 2 and 3 rapids including the infamous Rooster Tail, where an action photo will be taken.
Plus you’ll get a chance to try raft surfing (dependent on water levels) and to cool off with a swim in Lake Placid.
This trip operates daily as there are guaranteed water levels all year round on the power station controlled waters of the river.
The rescue 3 trained guides will give you all the tuition needed for this exciting afternoon rafting! No experience is necessary, infact most people who book this tour have never been rafting before. Your guide will give you comprehensive safety instructions and the world's best Rafts are used.
The minimum age for rafting the Barron River is 13 years.
Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
DAY 3: DAINTREE & CAPE TRIBULATION
Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery with Adventure Company exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation where the Rainforest meets the Reef.
What makes it Great?
- Explore World Heritage Rainforest
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mossman Gorge
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise
This tour includes return hotel transfers
From Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7:00am returning at 6:30pm (approx)
Inclusions & Highlights:
Coastal Drive – Travel to Port Douglas on one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia. Have your camera ready for breath taking views.
Wildlife Habitat – 1 hour to visit the award winning Rainforest Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and beautiful native animals. You have a chance to have morning tea with the birds (optional extra), hand feed a Kangaroo and see a Koala doing what they do best…..sleeping! If you visit Rainforest Habitat you will not have 1 hour free time in Port Douglas.
Mossman Gorge - Enjoy a guided walk through this magnificent rainforest area taking in the boardwalk and waterholes.
Alexandra Lookout – The perfect location to view where the Daintree Rainforest, Daintree River and the Coral Sea merge into one spectacular panoramic reflection. Ideal spot for those post card photo opportunities.
Lunch Time – Only meters from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a Chef prepared lunch. Indulge in a set menu choice of local barramundi (fish), Steak and a Vegetarian option all served with a fresh garden salad & chips, daily baked bread finished off with a tropical fruit platter to share at your table. Bring your towel & swimmers for a dip in the resort pool or in the ocean (marine stingers are present during the stinger season Oct to June).
Cape Tribulation Beach – Already there for the lunch break you now have free time for a walk along the full length of the magical Cape Tribulation Bay (takes 30min unguided) or simply kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”!
Daintree River Wildlife Cruise – Your journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat and retrieve knowledge and tales of the area from a local naturalist guide.
Rex Lookout – On the return trip back to Cairns, stop briefly at Rex’s Lookout. A popular spot for tourist’s to take scenic photos of the coast line and out to Green Island. It’s also a popular spot for dare devil hang gliders to enjoy the uplifting sea breeze.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Great tour package, loved all aspects of our adventure. Highly recommend the delux Cape Trib safari
Posted By Kirra
A wonderful experience.
A wonderful experience. The tour guide Daniel was excellent. The path to the Daintree river was very uneven and rocky but Daniel helped me all the way as he was determined that I should see it.
Posted By Yoma Nazareth
Fabulous way to organise your holiday will always do the same in the future hard work was done we just turned up, very grateful
Posted By Natalie Hunt
Daintree - was great!! Lots of driving but the lookouts were stunning, meals were very tasty. The wildlife park was also 10/10, many friendly wildlife and staff were also great. We actually saw a croc AND her babies on the croc river cruise.
Posted By Tiarna Cook
I particularly enjoyed my wife falling out of the raft !!
Posted By Mike Banks
Unbelievable experience! The instructors were funny, entertaining and the rafting was great! Highly recommend coming here for a holiday/birthday/bucks party/hens or even just to be outside and enjoy the river! Nori and rob were awesome! Horrrrrda horrrrrrrda horrrrrrda !!!
Posted By Claude Bova
The rafting was great fun,
The rafting was great fun, and the guides excellent. The only disappointment was the lack of water in the river, and thus the guides having to lift the raft over the rocks on a number of occasions when we were stuck. They even pointed out the the river was well below the normal water line level that day.
Posted By Mark Koch
WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME
WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND IT WAS EVERYTHING THAT WE HAD HOPED, THE GUIDE (SEAN) WAS VERY PROFFESSIONAL AND GREAT FUN.
Posted By Dean Keesing
Very friendly staff. Excellent trip only thing is more options for kids with regards to food.
Posted By Christine Davies
G'day Gene just wanted to thank you for recommending Down Under Cruise and Dive's Evolution what a beautiful, comfortable well equipped vessel. We had a fantastic day, staff were fantastic friendly helpful funny knowledgeable and professional food was great and there was a lot of it. Snorkeling was great despite the conditions being less than perfect we will be back in the future and will definately consider going out on Evolution again and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. All in all fantastic day and thank you again for your assistance. Regards Gavin and Lynne.
Sent from my iPhone
Posted By Gavin North
Beautiful vessel staff were fantastic great food and lots of it despite less than perfect conditions snorkeling was great good atmosphere great entertainment on return trip and beer and wine very reasonably priced overall very happy and great value for money we will be back. Booked through travstar and Gene made everything easy and stress free and would recommend travstar and Evolution to anyone.
Posted By Gavin North
no stress, book, pay, receive tickets then turn up
Posted By Neil Green
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.