Tully Raft & Evolution Outer Reef
FULL DAY TULLY RAFTING WITH BBQ LUNCH
GRADE 3 & 4 RAPIDS
FULL DAY OUTER REEF ON BRAND NEW EVOLUTION
2 SPECTACULAR OUTER REEF LOCATIONS
SNORKEL GEAR, LUNCH, SEMI-SUBMARINE
Tully Raft & Evolution Outer Reef Info
2 Day Option 11 - Tully River Rafting & brand new Evolution: Two fabulous daytrips at a very special rate! Exciting rapids and guaranteed water levels all year round. A very memorable, fun day with World Heritage rainforest providing an unforgettable backdrop. Experience two different reef destinations - Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish. Lunch included both days.
DAY 1: Raging Thunder - TULLY RIVER RAFTING
The Tully Gorge is 2 hours from Cairns.
Pickup included from Cairns Accommodation Daily at 6:00am (returns approx 5:30pm)
Approximately 5 hours of white water rafting on Tully River
Guaranteed water levels all year round
All tuition, no experience necessary (minimal swimming ability required)
Safety equipment including life jacket, helmet and life jacket (allowing you to float along the river should you happen to fall out)
BBQ lunch beside the river
Tully River National Park Levy of $30
The Tully River is about 2.5 hours south of Cairns and is rated Grade 3 and 4 which means there are exciting rapids and a good chance you will be in the water at some stage during the day. With over 27 rapids on the river this is the longest Tully River rafting trip available.
Each raft holds a maximum of seven passengers and one river guide, who will guide you safely down your river adventure.
* Minimum age for Tully River Rafting is 13 years old
* Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
DAY 2: EVOLUTION - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!! First launched 31st December 2015.
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour $10 if pre-booked
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Certified Dive Guide
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli ride at Hastings Reef
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Very friendly staff. Excellent trip only thing is more options for kids with regards to food.
Posted By Christine Davies
G'day Gene just wanted to thank you for recommending Down Under Cruise and Dive's Evolution what a beautiful, comfortable well equipped vessel. We had a fantastic day, staff were fantastic friendly helpful funny knowledgeable and professional food was great and there was a lot of it. Snorkeling was great despite the conditions being less than perfect we will be back in the future and will definately consider going out on Evolution again and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. All in all fantastic day and thank you again for your assistance. Regards Gavin and Lynne.
Sent from my iPhone
Posted By Gavin North
Beautiful vessel staff were fantastic great food and lots of it despite less than perfect conditions snorkeling was great good atmosphere great entertainment on return trip and beer and wine very reasonably priced overall very happy and great value for money we will be back. Booked through travstar and Gene made everything easy and stress free and would recommend travstar and Evolution to anyone.
Posted By Gavin North
no stress, book, pay, receive tickets then turn up
Posted By Neil Green
Posted By Deborah Rios tijerina
Another awesome experience delivered by a professional crew. Their expertise and patience made for a great day. My partner was a little nervous beforehand, but the expert tuition and care by \"fish\" our guide, really made it an extremely enjoyable experience.
Posted By Glenn Crimmins
Leon was an awesome River Guide. I went twice! The first time with my my children (aged 18-24). The second time a group of four who were aged 50+. We all had a fantastic time.
Posted By Andrew & Marianne Corbett
Best trip ever!
Best trip ever! We have crafted five different rivers and this was the best by far.
Posted By Debra Schoville
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 11 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.