Cape Tribulation, Daintree & Wildlife
Join Tropic Wings on an adventure to discover the natural wonders of the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation in Tropical North Queensland.
This full-day journey is filled with memorable experiences, local insights, and breathtaking views.
Plus, rest easy knowing you're contributing to a carbon-neutral tour through their premium eco-accredited program.
Hotel Pick-ups From:
- 7.00am | Cairns City
- 7.40am | Trinity Beach
- 7.50am | Palm Cove
- 8.10am | Port Douglas
Returns to Cairns at approximately 7:30 PM
- Scenic coastal views on the Great Barrier Reef Drive
- Through a partnership with Reforest, trees areplanted on your behalf.
- Private tour of Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Cafe style morning tea
- Daintree River Crossing on a Cable-driven ferry
- Picture opportunity at Alexandra Lookout
- Local Lunch in tropical setting
- Swim at Freshwater Swimming Hole
- Rainforest walk with knowledgeable local guide
- Free time at Cape Tribulation Beach
- Delicious ice-cream at Daintree Ice Cream Company (at own expense)
- Daintree River Cruise to spot crocodiles and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Great Barrier Reef Drive:
Begin your day with a scenic drive along the Great Barrier Reef Drive, a renowned Australian road trip.
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas:
Be a Wildilife Keeper for the morning with an exclusive tour of the award-winning Wildlife Habitat.
Get up close and personal with local wildlife, including the elusive Cassowary, and the opportunity for a souvenir photo opportunity cuddling a Koala.
- Daintree River Crossing:
Cross the Daintree River on a cable ferry, entering the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest.
- Mason's Freshwater Swimming Hole:
Take a refreshing dip in the pristine waters of Mason's freshwater swimming hole.
- Local Lunch:
Savor a locally sourced lunch at Mason's Café, a family-run establishment with deep roots in Cape Tribulation.
- Guided Rainforest Exploration:
Join a knowledgeable local guide for a boardwalk tour through the world's oldest rainforest, where you'll learn about the diverse flora and fauna.
- Cape Tribulation Beach:
Visit Cape Tribulation Beach, the only place on Earth where two World Heritage sites meet: the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Daintree Ice Cream Company:
Cool down and indulge in exotic ice cream handmade on-site with organically grown fruit.
- Alexandra Lookout:
Capture stunning views of the Daintree Rainforest and the Coral Sea from Alexandra Lookout.
- Daintree River Cruise:
Board a Daintree River cruise to spot Estuarine Crocodiles and birds in their natural mangrove habitat.
Carbon Offset and Sustainability:
- Through a partnership with Reforest, Tropic Wings offset all carbon emissions from your tour by planting trees in a local reforestation project.
- The chosen project restores agricultural land on the Atherton Tablelands, featuring a mix of rainforest and native conifer species.
Things to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing and footwear
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent & sunscreen
This tour is not suitable for children under 4.
Very comprehensive program with lots of activities !
I found the staff to be extremely polite, helpful and friendly.
Return transfers from Cairns, Palm Cove, Trinity Beach and Port Douglas included.
Transfers not available from private residences (including AirBnB properties) – guests will need to make their own way to another pickup location.